Poll: Do you buy your Evoque Outright or did you opt for Hire Purchase/Lease/Installment Plan
Outright Purchase
Hire-Purchase/Lease/Installment Plan
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Outright Purchase or Hire-Purchase
xxxx5

RE: Outright Purchase or Hire-Purchase

Pcp for me, wouldn't buy a car any other way now.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
26-12-2012 11:21pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vokey

I did the same as Bodlyfunctions. put it on the house at 2.69% over a 4 year term. The PCP rate was 8.9% and a HP loan was 7.9% If i had the Cash out right i would still buy as PCP and HP rates dont make sense. However i can see some merit in PCP as you can just give the car back after the term and dont have any issues trying to sell it etc.

xxxx5 - whats the reason for your decision?

-------------------------------------
Dynamic SD4 5dr Auto / Firenze Red / Verve interior / Lux pack / Santorini Black contrast roof / Ebony Headliner / Privacy Glass / Heated Steering Wheel / Style 7 Shadow Chrome Wheels
(This post was last modified: 27-12-2012 01:25am by Vokey.)
27-12-2012 01:24am
griff

HP for me with low interest and payments to match my work car allowance so its cost neutral for me.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
27-12-2012 10:10am
xxxx5

(27-12-2012 01:24am)Vokey Wrote:  I did the same as Bodlyfunctions. put it on the house at 2.69% over a 4 year term. The PCP rate was 8.9% and a HP loan was 7.9% If i had the Cash out right i would still buy as PCP and HP rates dont make sense. However i can see some merit in PCP as you can just give the car back after the term and dont have any issues trying to sell it etc.

xxxx5 - whats the reason for your decision?

-------------------------------------
Dynamic SD4 5dr Auto / Firenze Red / Verve interior / Lux pack / Santorini Black contrast roof / Ebony Headliner / Privacy Glass / Heated Steering Wheel / Style 7 Shadow Chrome Wheels

It just works out cheaper for me, and I change my car every 2-3 years.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
27-12-2012 12:29pm
muff

Outright Purchase or Hire-Purchase

Outright purchase. Don't trust banks or financial institutions anymore.
28-12-2012 01:29am
Steveb68

Cash purchase

Ordered for end March 2013
Dynamic SD4 automatic, Orkney grey, contrast Santorini Pano roof, style 7 shadow chrome, Privacy Glass, Tech Pac 2, Park assist,CHANGED TO VORTEX interior,Black Roof Rails,Adaptive Dynamics, and yes I know its a lot of money but aeroflip, Ebony H Lining, cold climate pack,adaptive Xenon headlights and Spare wheel
28-12-2012 09:23am
DaveR

Re: Outright Purchase or Hire-Purchase

I also in effect borrowed from my mortgage. I used savings to buy the car outright instead of paying the mortgage off with it. .... well you can't take it with you Smile
29-12-2012 10:54am