Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Order to Delivery - 10 days - Evoque in stock
QueJumper

Is that a record for a new, delivery mileage, list price, main dealer car? Could have been sooner but it needed a PDI and I'm busy so couldn't pick it up for a few days.

Sold my previous car unexpectedly so needed something quickly. Called around for 30mins and had a firm offer on one, a possible on another and a '2nd in the queue' on a third.

Probably not my first choice in colour but firm offer was on a 3 door Dynamic Lux had all the options I wanted and more (bar Homelink) so put a deposit down over the phone and went to see it next day...looked stunning so much better than expected so signed up there and then.

So - I'm not gloating but just wanting to say they are out there if you happen to be in the right place at the right time - I guess it was just my turn to be a lucky b**stard!

Now Sold - Small, clean, fun car mainly for me - Sd4 Dynamic Lux - White/Black roof

Still going strong - Big, dirty, fun car mainly for the wife, kids and dog - Disco 4 - Blue (with lots of mud outside, sweets & litter inside)
16-11-2011 10:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fam1x

RE: Order to Delivery - 10 days - Evoque in stock

Yea lucky for some what dealer is that?

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
16-11-2011 11:07pm
QueJumper

The dealer I bought from only had one the others I think were at Crawley and Battersea but I've thrown the list away now.

Nothing sophisticated I just pulled a dealer list from LR website and hit the phone. Tried the same a few weeks back mind and found nothing.

I think a few dealers are now releasing there showroom stock as there resupply is coming through as they must have at least one in the showroom so cant sell until the next one appears.

One of the others was a cancelled order due next month but someone already had first call on that one.

Worth a bit of cold calling if you're not too bothered about exact spec, colour etc. Expect a lot of 'you must be joking' or 'no chance' answers but it worked for me.

Good luck

Now Sold - Small, clean, fun car mainly for me - Sd4 Dynamic Lux - White/Black roof

Still going strong - Big, dirty, fun car mainly for the wife, kids and dog - Disco 4 - Blue (with lots of mud outside, sweets & litter inside)
16-11-2011 11:45pm
PAT

Result, would probably do the same if I wanted my car now but for various reasons I'm happy to wait in the holding pool until my number comes up.

Still jealous though Wink

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
16-11-2011 11:51pm
PhilSkill

Coupe's seem to be becoming available, might be more of a struggle for a 5dr, but you dont get if you don't ask!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
16-11-2011 11:51pm
Evo-king

There are a couple of owners who have walked into a dealers and bought one of their stock cars, and cancelled their existing orders, some of us have also considered buying off of the traders/speculators but we would be the 2nd owner.

I've tried it with my dealer but no stock car meets my order spec and at the time there were around 50 vehicles I could have bought. In a way the Evoque has some many order permutations that it is essentially a bespoke vehicle and for that reason most of us have to go down the order and waaaait route.

So unless someone comes along and says they got theirs in less than 10 days you have the quickest order to delivery time.

Lucky you.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
16-11-2011 11:53pm