Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Order Now or Wait for 2014 spec
RichR1973

Order Now or Wait for 2014 spec

Hi folks.

I am hoping too order soon a Dynamic and to be honest I having been holding off to save up some extra cash and also wait for tbe 2014 spec with the 9 speed box.

My dilemma is do I remain patient and wait for the specs to be released which I expect will be in August ? Or do I buy a 2013 now.

I have sounded my dealer out and he implies I will get no discount by ordering a 2013 spec now unless i order a stock car and may aswell wait to get the new model.

Please can anyone offer any advice as the wait is killing me. I intend to keep the car a long time so resale values are not that important at this stage. This is my first new car purchase so I am a little green on the best strategy. Thanks
30-07-2013 10:11am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rchrdleigh

RE: Order Now or Wait for 2014 spec

Given the rumoured changes to specifications I'd go for a 2014 model but you might have to wait until October/November at the earliest to get one.
30-07-2013 10:57am
Craig_d1

Dealers are on a gravy train at the mo. They all talk of giving no discounts, so making a killing on every Evoque they sell. Look at drive the deal, a dynamic at mo on a new order will save you over 2k, and if you take the finance, another 2k on top. don't believe what they say. My local LR dealers said they wouldn't give a discount, so I told them i'd take my business elsewhere. One of the guys on here got a 10% discount recently.
I'm holding out for the 9 speed as I wasn't overly impressed with the 6 speed, though for relaxed cruising there's nothing wrong with it.
However, if LR bump the price up significantly I'll prob jump ship and get an 3.0TDI sline plus or SQ5. It's a bit more boring(ok, a lot), but more practical with 2 kids (as bigger interior/boot). Also, with the discount, it works out cheaper, and i'll get a nice v6 with a lot more grunt than the engine in the evoque, with prob similar running costs.
(This post was last modified: 30-07-2013 12:27pm by Craig_d1.)
30-07-2013 12:25pm
RichR1973

Thanks. Do you think the 2014 spec will be released in August for October / November deliveries ?

From my conversations so far my dealer doesn't think prices will change much as its already the most expensive in its class.

Changes I have heard are as follows but let me know if you know any different....

New colours
Smaller wing mirrors
9 speed box
Chrome door handles (internal or external?)
Green land rover badges
Clear rear light lenses

Would like to know when we will see an official release.

Thanks

RR
(This post was last modified: 30-07-2013 02:04pm by RichR1973.)
30-07-2013 01:37pm
Craig_d1

(30-07-2013 01:37pm)RichR1973 Wrote:  Thanks. Do you think the 2014 spec will be released in August for October / November deliveries ?

From my conversations so far my dealer doesn't think prices will change much as its already the most expensive in its class.

Changes I have heard are as follows but let me know if you know any different....

New colours
Smaller wing mirrors
9 speed box
Chrome door handles (internal or external?)
Green land rover badges
Clear rear light lenses

Would like to know when we will see an official release.

Thanks

RR

Hopefully Aug. We'll know in a day or soConfused....They're becoming like Apple, don't give any info away
30-07-2013 03:09pm
RichR1973

Yes very much like Apple. Maybe they will give the info after the factory holidays in a week or so. Fingers crossed
30-07-2013 05:23pm
chris taylor

(30-07-2013 12:25pm)Craig_d1 Wrote:  Dealers are on a gravy train at the mo. They all talk of giving no discounts, so making a killing on every Evoque they sell. Look at drive the deal, a dynamic at mo on a new order will save you over 2k, and if you take the finance, another 2k on top. don't believe what they say. My local LR dealers said they wouldn't give a discount, so I told them i'd take my business elsewhere. One of the guys on here got a 10% discount recently.
I'm holding out for the 9 speed as I wasn't overly impressed with the 6 speed, though for relaxed cruising there's nothing wrong with it.
However, if LR bump the price up significantly I'll prob jump ship and get an 3.0TDI sline plus or SQ5. It's a bit more boring(ok, a lot), but more practical with 2 kids (as bigger interior/boot). Also, with the discount, it works out cheaper, and i'll get a nice v6 with a lot more grunt than the engine in the evoque, with prob similar running costs.

I agree i am also thinking q5 3.0 tdi as land rover dealerships are not willing to discount and then offer rubbish trade in values.The evoque is the best car i have owned and an interior that makes you feel special.but they need to improve the engines and look after you like dealers used to, if they want people to stay with the brand.
30-07-2013 05:40pm