Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Option after oder
spiroumonchat

Option after oder

Bonjour,
I ordered my car in September here in Belgium.
Last week, I asked my dealer if I could add the optional power liftgate and he said we can not change the vehicle since October.
Is it possible to add this option after the delivery of the vehicle ?
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2014 12:05pm by spiroumonchat.)
22-11-2014 12:01pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
spiroumonchat

RE: Option after oder

Hi,
Did someone install power tailgate after delivery?
25-11-2014 06:06pm
PhilSkill

Not heard of Anyone adding it aftermarket, it's likely there will not be all the looms fitted to drive the Motorised lifters, even if you buy the parts.

A question for anybody, Do the Non Electric Tailgate cars get the opener button on the dash down by your right knee? and does the keyfob open the tailgate remotely?

Shame as if you had ordered it you could the fit my Auto Tailgate Closing module Wink

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-11-2014 06:17pm
spiroumonchat

...really no solutions???...
30-11-2014 08:23am
mark_n

(30-11-2014 08:23am)spiroumonchat Wrote:  ...really no solutions???...

Well there is always a solution but it's just a question of how many parts are required and how much work is required to install it. All the parts will be priced as spares so the cost will be much more than the price of the option because that price is the difference between the manual and auto versions.

If I can find the parts web-site, I'll have a look.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
30-11-2014 11:54am
doug

(25-11-2014 06:17pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Not heard of Anyone adding it aftermarket, it's likely there will not be all the looms fitted to drive the Motorised lifters, even if you buy the parts.

A question for anybody, Do the Non Electric Tailgate cars get the opener button on the dash down by your right knee? and does the keyfob open the tailgate remotely?

Shame as if you had ordered it you could the fit my Auto Tailgate Closing module Wink

Phil,

Your answers are, Yes & Yes.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
30-11-2014 03:29pm
spiroumonchat

(30-11-2014 11:54am)mark_n Wrote:  Well there is always a solution but it's just a question of how many parts are required and how much work is required to install it. All the parts will be priced as spares so the cost will be much more than the price of the option because that price is the difference between the manual and auto versions.

If I can find the parts web-site, I'll have a look.

Thanks for your help Smile

..I am surprised that I can not add an option one month before delivery... Mad
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2014 05:37pm by spiroumonchat.)
30-11-2014 05:34pm
mark_n

Ok, I've looked at the parts list and can't see any variation in the wiring loom depending on whether you have a powered tailgate, which is good news. What variation there is is all to do with the type of radio fitted because the aerials are at the top of the tailgate.

The two struts cost about £140 each and there's an extra control unit which fits inside the tailgate which costs £100. What I cannot find is the push button on the bottom edge of the inside trim which is used to close the tailgate. For those of you without powered tailgates, what is there in this position, is there a banking plate which could be removed?

In the parts catalogue, I can't find the interior trim on the inside of the tailgate, for example, maybe there's a section missing.

So, apart from those 3 components (and the missing switch) I can't find anything else.

In theory, they would design the control unit to take the standard opening signal to the lock motor and use that as a cue to unlock the tailgate and lift it so that no in-car programming would be required. I can't see why the car would need to know elsewhere that there was a powered lift.

So, I think this is one of the easier options to retro-fit, much easier than, say the TV, but I expect there are rules about what LR dealers can do beyond "fitting" floor mats...

Incidentally, Phil, you know that new cars have remote closing. It turns out the original control unit has been superseded so it might be possible to upgrade simply by replacing the control unit.

Mark

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2014 05:24am by mark_n.)
01-12-2014 05:21am
Stadt Panzer

Option after oder

Since when did the Evoque get remote closing for the tailgate?

Somewhere in the North Sea.
01-12-2014 06:21am
mark_n

I believe it is standard on 2015 cars. Tim?

Mark

01-12-2014 07:27am