Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
One more proud owner to the ever growing collection!
Alex

One more proud owner to the ever growing collection!

I collected my Dynamic tonight and I have to say I’m completely wowed over. It’s been a long old wait since my order placed back in April but it has been worth it. We are new customers to the Range Rover brand (or Land Rover) and the journey so far from placing our deposit to collection has been superb (yes a few issues with delays but I can be forgiving as it’s a new car launch).

Our dealer has also been fantastic from our intial interest to placing our order, and wait to collection. He even included some unexpected goodies upon our collection tonight such as vouchers for three people to attend a LR experience day, case of wine, and an Evoque pen - wasnt really expecting anything.

We choose the Dynamic (5-door) with Lux pack and Plus seating + few other options, car is in white with black contrast roof, and my wife and I were thrilled to drive it home – finally!!

Only issue at present is brake noise when reversing and parking as our drive is on a slope but assume that is because the brakes need to wear in first (however our other car when new didn’t do that).

Anyway off tomorrow to drive to see the family for the Christmas break can’t wait as it’s a long trip along the motorway and countryside!

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
22-12-2011 09:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: One more proud owner to the ever growing collection!

Alex - could the brake noise be either the Electric Park brake or the Hill Start brake?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
22-12-2011 09:31pm
Alex

The brake noise is when you physically press the brake to ease the car going down our drive (which is in reverse), its quite a loud screech/creaking sound then a further screech as the handbrake is engaged when placing into park. Cant remember where but I remember reading a brake noise problem in another post on here.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
22-12-2011 09:44pm
cjfp

If it is replicatable then I would show your dealer.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
22-12-2011 09:55pm
PhilSkill

May just need a little time to bed in, clean up any manufacturing oils, mine were a little creaky at first but only for the first day, no more.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
22-12-2011 11:24pm
ytshome

Welcome to the Evoque owners club Alex. Its good to hear you've had such a good dealer experience. Enjoy your driving tomorrow and have a great Christmas

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
22-12-2011 11:32pm
SebM

Congrats !

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
23-12-2011 10:59am
Daigriff

Nice one Alex. The long wait just makes you enjoy the car more. Have a safe journey and try not to grin too muchWink

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
23-12-2011 11:04am
vcruiser

Lets see some pics! Congrats!

Evoque Dynamic Coupe | Black on Black | Fully Loaded
23-12-2011 01:54pm
mark_n

Yes, congratulations, whatever the frustrations over delivery delays, they just melt away when you have the key in your hand.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
25-12-2011 05:26pm