Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
On my way to Norway
BFGEvoqueMan

On my way to Norway

Currently on my way to Norway for a week in Bergen. Saw my first RRE today (German). We are o/nighting in Danemark, ahead of the ferry tomorrow.

On the car front, we smashed the whole trip (in Germany) at 160 kph (100 mph) on the cruise all the way. Very quiet and relaxed, son entertained watching Ice Age 3 (thanks Pete) and the car gave us 30mpg (9.2 lites). All bets are off if we see any in Danemark and Norway.

Post update as and when access to tinternet happens.

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
12-05-2012 08:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IKM

RE: On my way to Norway

(12-05-2012 08:39pm)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Currently on my way to Norway for a week in Bergen. Saw my first RRE today (German). We are o/nighting in Danemark, ahead of the ferry tomorrow.

On the car front, we smashed the whole trip (in Germany) at 160 kph (100 mph) on the cruise all the way. Very quiet and relaxed, son entertained watching Ice Age 3 (thanks Pete) and the car gave us 30mpg (9.2 lites). All bets are off if we see any in Danemark and Norway.

Post update as and when access to tinternet happens.
RRE becoming very popular in Norway - especially Stavanger & Oslo. A few ex Saab dealers have moved across to LR. Interested to find out what you see.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
12-05-2012 08:58pm
RacingSnake

(12-05-2012 08:58pm)IKM Wrote:  RRE becoming very popular in Norway - especially Stavanger & Oslo.
I only saw 1 in stavanger last week, but see dozens when in Aberdeen... Think it has more evoques than Halewood! Laughing

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
13-05-2012 08:04am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tetstb

You will see a few in Norway. I live there during the week and have seen plenty, mostly white and they seem to be Pures or Prestige, not seen many Dynamic.

Strane RacingSnake was in Stavanger, thats where I head, small world.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
13-05-2012 11:40am
BFGEvoqueMan

Norway great, recommend a trip for the relaxation. More importantly the RRE count is at 3 (1 grey and 2 white Dynamics) all around Bergen centre. Will try and post some photos. Only downside are the roads, which just aren't built for speed; still managed to get the mpg to 41 this week!

Now, Germany Saturday morning + no limits + autobahn Smile

- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
17-05-2012 08:48pm
BFGEvoqueMan

Smashed it back from Danemark to home in less than 7 1/2 hrs yesterday. Soon as we got over the border at Flensberg we went max speed all the way home. Actually fuel economy was (in context excellent) at 32.5 mpg for the 280 miles, of which 75% was at the foot to the floor.Twisted EvilTwisted Evil Can report that my humble td4 can now get to 195kph on the flat (185 kph when new) so reckon I can now say its run-in!

On a more serious note, this is the most comfortable car I have owned since my old 1996 Mondeo. After about 4hours in a car I get really bad shoulder pains, but having only stopped for a couple of 10 min breaks we all got out at home quite literally fresh and ache free. I think the seats being so high back really help. Overall the car just continues to impress. So far the only downside is the quality of the advice given by the satnav in some countries (software provider problem I suspect) as this plagued my FL2's as well.

20-05-2012 07:31am