Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Oil used by dealer on 1st service
MrNoo

Oil used by dealer on 1st service

Collected my SD4 Evoque from the dealer this evening after its 1st service. On getting home had a second look at the invoice and saw the oil they had used was described as Helix F 5/30 Semi S. Which (after googling it) is presumably Shell Helix F 5W30 - an oil which is a ACEA A1 and B1 oil, but not ACEA C1 which is required. Phoned the dealer and asked "what oil did you use in the service" and after giving them the code off the invoice they said "Shell Helix HX7 AF 5W30" an oil which according to Shells web site is an ACEA A1 and B1 oil for Ford petrol and Diesel engines without particulate filters. Told them it should have an oil that meets ACEA C1 so am now awaiting a call in the morning from the Service Manager.
Any one else checked what oil there dealer used in the service and have they used the correct specification?

Arrived - SD4 Prestige, 5 door, manual in Orkney Grey with Element interior. Style 4 wheels, spare wheel & auto-dimming rear view mirror.
Joining MX-5 2.0i convertible.
28-02-2013 08:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Oil used by dealer on 1st service

No but thanks for the heads up, mine is going in in a couple of weeks time!

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
28-02-2013 09:04pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Westy

(28-02-2013 08:57pm)MrNoo Wrote:  Collected my SD4 Evoque from the dealer this evening after its 1st service. On getting home had a second look at the invoice and saw the oil they had used was described as Helix F 5/30 Semi S. Which (after googling it) is presumably Shell Helix F 5W30 - an oil which is a ACEA A1 and B1 oil, but not ACEA C1 which is required. Phoned the dealer and asked "what oil did you use in the service" and after giving them the code off the invoice they said "Shell Helix HX7 AF 5W30" an oil which according to Shells web site is an ACEA A1 and B1 oil for Ford petrol and Diesel engines without particulate filters. Told them it should have an oil that meets ACEA C1 so am now awaiting a call in the morning from the Service Manager.
Any one else checked what oil there dealer used in the service and have they used the correct specification?

I think there are previous posts on this, for Europe the Evoque is fitted with a DPF, Which means you need an ACEA C1 category engine oil, C1 and ford M2C934b which is a full synthetic 5W-30 and is compatible with the Dpf, the oil used may reduce the service life of the Dpf, this is detailed in TOPIX very clearly from the owners handbook.

The dealer should know better

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
(This post was last modified: 28-02-2013 09:16pm by Westy.)
28-02-2013 09:14pm
Donny Dog

(28-02-2013 09:14pm)Westy Wrote:  I think there are previous posts on this, for Europe the Evoque is fitted with a DPF, Which means you need an ACEA C1 category engine oil, C1 and ford M2C934b which is a full synthetic 5W-30 and is compatible with the Dpf, the oil used may reduce the service life of the Dpf, this is detailed in TOPIX very clearly from the owners handbook.

The dealer should know better

A classic example of 'do as I say, not as I do'!
28-02-2013 09:20pm
PhilSkill

It's a perfect scam... put in wrong oil charge full price for correct oil, 5 years down the line your DPF gives out, they charge you £2000 to replace it...

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Top-Up-Oil?highlight=oil

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
28-02-2013 09:25pm
Westy

Please see below

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w463...65bec7.jpg

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

28-02-2013 09:26pm
doug

I had the same fear when booking mine in for the 1st service. I felt bad asking the question "what oil are you using" but my concerns payed off, as they give me a free 1L bottle of the C1 oil to prove "they do know which oil to use sir".

Your not the first member to have the wrong oil printed on they invoice. Let's hope it was just a admin error, but there's no way to prove it know. If it was me, I would pay a vist to there workshop & ask to view where they store the oil brums to check if they stock the C1 oil.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 28-02-2013 09:59pm by doug.)
28-02-2013 09:36pm
Donny Dog

(28-02-2013 09:36pm)doug Wrote:  I had the same fear when booking mine in for the 1st service. I felt bad asking the question "what oil are you using" but my concerns payed off, as they give me a free 1L bottle of the C2 oil to prove "they do know which oil to use sir".

Your not the first member to have the wrong oil printed on they invoice. Let's hope it was just a admin error, but there's no way to prove it know. If it was me, I would pay a vist to there workshop & ask to view where they store the oil brums to check if they stock the C2 oil.

But surely it should have been C1?Shocked
28-02-2013 09:42pm
Westy

(28-02-2013 09:36pm)doug Wrote:  I had the same fear when booking mine in for the 1st service. I felt bad asking the question "what oil are you using" but my concerns payed off, as they give me a free 1L bottle of the C2 oil to prove "they do know which oil to use sir".

Your not the first member to have the wrong oil printed on they invoice. Let's hope it was just a admin error, but there's no way to prove it know. If it was me, I would pay a vist to there workshop & ask to view where they store the oil brums to check if they stock the C2 oil.

Doug my understanding is that the oil should be a an ACEA C1 and not an ACEA C2, there is a difference with the chemistry relating to the dpf and manufacturers specific requirements even though they are both sae 5W-30 engine oils,

28-02-2013 09:44pm
PhilSkill

As I posted on the thread in the link above

A/B : gasoline and diesel engine oils

A1/B1 Stable, stay-in-grade oil intended for use at extended drain intervals in gasoline engines and car & light van diesel engines specifically designed to be capable of using low friction low viscosity oils with a high temperature / high shear rate viscosity of 2.6 mPa*s for xW/20 and 2.9 to 3.5 mPa.s for all other viscosity grades. These oils are unsuitable for use in some engines. Consult owner manual or handbook if in doubt.

A3/B3 Stable, stay-in-grade oil intended for use in high performance gasoline engines and car & light van diesel engines and/or for extended drain intervals where specified by the engine manufacturer, and/or for year-round use of low viscosity oils, and/or for severe operating conditions as defined by the engine manufacturer.

A3/B4 Stable, stay-in-grade oil intended for use in high performance gasoline and direct injection diesel engines, but also suitable for applications described under A3/B3.

A5/B5 Stable, stay-in-grade oil intended for use at extended drain intervals in high performance gasoline engines and car & light van diesel engines designed to be capable of using low friction low viscosity oils with a High temperature / High shear rate (HTHS) viscosity of 2.9 to 3.5 mPa.s. These oils are unsuitable for use in some engines. Consult owner manual or handbook if in doubt.

C : Catalyst compatibility oils

C1 Stable, stay-in-grade oil intended for use as catalyst compatible oil in vehicles with DPF and TWC in high performance car and light van diesel and gasoline engines requiring low friction, low viscosity, low SAPS oils with a minimum HTHS viscosity of 2.9 mPa.s. These oils will increase the DPF and TWC life and maintain the vehicles fuel economy.
Warning: these oils have the lowest SAPS limits and are unsuitable for use in some engines. Consult owner manual or handbook if in doubt.

C2 Stable, stay-in-grade oil intended for use as catalyst compatible oil in vehicles with DPF and TWC in high performance car and light van diesel and gasoline engines designed to be capable of using low friction, low viscosity oils with a minimum HTHS viscosity of 2.9mPa.s. These oils will increase the DPF and TWC life and maintain the vehicles fuel economy.
Warning: these oils are unsuitable for use in some engines. Consult owner manual or handbook if in doubt.

C3 Stable, stay-in-grade oil intended for use as catalyst compatible oil in vehicles with DPF and TWC in high performance car and light van diesel and gasoline engines, with a minimum HTHS viscosity of 3.5mPa.s. These oils will increase the DPF and TWC life.
Warning: these oils are unsuitable for use in some engines. Consult owner manual or handbook if in doubt.

C4 Stable, stay-in-grade oil intended for use as catalyst compatible oil in vehicles with DPF and TWC in high performance car and light van diesel and gasoline engines requiring low SAPS oil with a minimum HTHS viscosity of 3.5mPa.s. These oils will increase the DPF and TWC life.

SAPS : Sulphated Ash, Phosphorus, Sulphur DPF : Diesel Particulate Filter TWC : Three way catalyst HTHS : High temperature / High shear rate viscosity

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
28-02-2013 09:54pm