Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
OEM Tires
LIONHEAD

RE: OEM Tires

I got my car back this morning and my OEM tires are the Conti CrossContact UHP on my diamond 19" stock wheels.
07-12-2011 05:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(07-12-2011 05:12pm)LIONHEAD Wrote:  I got my car back this morning and my OEM tires are the Conti CrossContact UHP on my diamond 19" stock wheels.

What was it in for?
07-12-2011 05:16pm
LIONHEAD

Long story short....dealer put their emblem on my tailgate when I bought the car without letting me know. When I first got there and inspected the car, the embplem wasn't on but when they brought it back for prep, the porter installed it. I told them to take it off...they did and found a few gouges in the paint underneath the badge. They told me to bring it in last Friday for a 3rd party company to either repaint that section or airbrush. They called me that afternoon and said because it's a 2 stage process....it wouldn't be done until yesterday.
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2011 05:24pm by LIONHEAD.)
07-12-2011 05:23pm
Xvoyag

(05-12-2011 10:28pm)LIONHEAD Wrote:  evoqess: So far no snow that stuck yet here in Chitown. We've had dusting where it stuck in the lawn but not on the pavement. The dusting on the lawn only lasted fo a few hours. We were lucky so far that we were on the warmer side of the system where we got rain but the other part (Wisconsin) got snow or lake effect snow where Indiana side got snow and we were dry. I'm sure we will get it soon and so I swapped my all season tires on my '10 E350 4matic to Blizzaks this morning. One question....so your OEM tires does say M+S and not UHP on your Cross Contact? My tire guy said this morning that UHP stands for Ultra High Performance (basically summer tire). I also have 19"s and hoping it's the all seasons like yours. TireRack.com is showing my OEM tire as the UHP and thought for sure it's the summer tire but now hearing your 19s are all season.....hoping that's what I have. I'll have to check once I get my car back from the service department tomorrow. Thanks!

Rossy100: It should say on the sidwall of your tires which brand tires they are.

Lionhead: I Checked mine and they are ContiCrossContact UPH - M&S.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2011 01:30am by Xvoyag.)
08-12-2011 01:29am
Evoqess

@ Lionhead - Xvoyag is right - the 19 inch Conti's UPH are M+S. Look for very small letters on the sidewall (had to use a flashlight and peer closely). Not sure they can be performance and mud and snow - maybe that's what they mean by "all season"!

I'm loving my grippy Blizzacks by the way. Can barely wait for some low altitude snow Smile

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
08-12-2011 05:03am
LIONHEAD

ahhh...yessss! Thanks Xvoyag and Evoqess. I do see the M+S....its by the tire size. How could I have missed that..... [Image: hammer-3012.gif]

I was already looking at getting the Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow. Laughing I think I'm going to hold off this winter and go with the OEM tires....now that they are M+S and see what happens. IMO....Blizzaks are great snow tires also. Had them in my past vehicles and now on my '10 E350.

Thanks again guys for pointing that out. Cool
08-12-2011 06:48am
JiiPee

Pirelli's

Enjoying enormously: Pure Td4 Automatic, Firenze Red, almond/espresso interior, panorama roof with rails, Pure tech pack, clearview pack & cold weather pack, parking radars front and back + camera.
08-12-2011 11:08pm
Mag1c_dragon

My Dynamic on 20"s came with Michelin Latitude Sport which are very much a performance summer tyre. I have just bit the bullet and ordered some Pirelli Snow and Ice for winter - £958 in VAT fitted from LR, which was quite a good price I think!

Hopefully I won't have to buy any more tyres for the time I have the car (2 years)

Ordered June 11, Built - 24th November - Delivered - 7th Dec - NO DELAYS

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampton/6495208095/
09-12-2011 12:24pm