Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Number Plate Supplier - Beware of - Plates for Cars
ED209

RE: Number Plate Supplier - Beware of - Plates for Cars

(10-07-2012 09:32pm)Kentboy Wrote:  You know I can't be bothered......it's the poor customer service that gets me. I find the current economic climate very hard to earn a living and really go out of my way to give my customers value and make them feel wanted as they are wanted. This company obviously has no problem getting high margins and lots of them. So much so a few lost customers is of no concern.

I recon their margins will be super super high, at 60 quid for a set of plates they must be making 3-400% profit on each set of plates.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
10-07-2012 09:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kentboy

(10-07-2012 09:34pm)ED209 Wrote:  I recon their margins will be super super high, at 60 quid for a set of plates they must be making 3-400% profit on each set of plates.

Which is ok as its the manufacturing service that I am paying for but with a margin like that a happy customer is dead easy to create.

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
10-07-2012 09:55pm
Jonathon555

Interesting thread.

You have basically bought a set of show plates,

A set of poorly made show plates, send them the front one back

See what happens

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
10-07-2012 10:59pm
The Valeter

£60 is rediculous for standard size plates. I would have been a thawn in their side till it was sorted.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
10-07-2012 11:03pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChuckieB

(10-07-2012 08:25pm)Kentboy Wrote:  Agree £60 is a lot but IF they had been ok they do look good and as it was a personal number C G11HAM and my wife's name is C GILHAM it looks very good though illegally spaced.

Yes but he wouldn't illegally space them!!

Not only illegally spaced but not conforming to correct white front/yellow rear for registrations post 1973 if my memory serves me correctly? Supplied for show use only.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
10-07-2012 11:42pm
speary

If mail order goods are faulty or not as described you have the right to send them back at no cost to you. they will have to refund you the original cost and the cost for you to send them back
Check the sale of goods act to be sure of what i have said
Dont take this crap from bad suppliers, the more they get away with it, the more they will do it
Stating the sale of goods act usually sorts things

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
11-07-2012 08:40am