Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Not Sure Weather To Change My Model Or Not?
cjfp

RE: Not Sure Weather To Change My Model Or Not?

(01-12-2011 09:22pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  cjfp, you better remove that red Evoque badge from your avatar then... Wink

That's just a temp photo that I like from all the photos I have.

As soon as I get my Pure I will be changing it, don't worry about that!

That any better ?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2011 10:42pm by cjfp.)
01-12-2011 10:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fam1x

I'm still trying to decide should I change or not? As the difference for me is about £5k, do love the body kit on the dynamic but not the interior colours. If only the left you have the prestige with the dynamic body kit I'd go for that. So I went for a pure with all the options I wanted Smile would love to have adaptive cruise control but the don't offer that on any of the models Sad

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
01-12-2011 11:07pm
PhilSkill

Ha... I was only joking!Laughing But then so was Clarkson apparently!

Evo-King... I did the same Pure..spec up...to Dynamic!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
01-12-2011 11:12pm
The Valeter

I was also thinking Pure with bodykit depending on cost.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
01-12-2011 11:50pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Firenze

Evo-King... I did the same Pure..spec up...to Dynamic!
[/quote]

I too started off with a Pure and by the time I added the options I wanted it was so close to the Dynamic it was a no brainer to go for the Dynamic - which I was really pleased about as that was what I really wanted

I think the Dynamic coupe is the best looking model but its all down to personal taste

In the end as long as your happy with your choice and can afford it, go for it you only live once!

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
01-12-2011 11:51pm
Straydox

Going back to the start of Valeter's thread - the Sales Manager is a cute chap and knows it is easier (and safer) to sell upwards so a car with the options you want rather than selling downwards i.e. a Prestige or a Dynamic with kit you don't personally see much value in.

There is a hidden risk - especially if its your hard earned cash we are talking about and you are the kind of driver where you just have one lovely car in your family (there are posters here without that challenge I note Very Happy) or it's a company purchased motor.

When all the hype and shortages have died down and RR Evoques are a common sight on the roads (it's going to happen) then most of the residual value of a lot of the carefully chosen options (aside from probably Nav and Auto) will evaporate and the cars will be worth close to their base model valuations for a given year.

You can see the effect now if you look at leasing an Evoque instead of buying outright - there is very little difference in the monthly lease cost of a Pure Evoque with the Tech and Style packs and a Prestige - however the Prestige is worth quite a bit more money at say the 3 years/60,000 miles point because it isn't hit so heavily hit for depreciation because many of typical Pure extras are in the base vehicle as standard.

I have no axe to grind here and drew my own conclusions based on careful research.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2011 01:29am by Straydox.)
02-12-2011 01:25am