Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
North American Model and Forward Passenger DVD
same2you

North American Model and Forward Passenger DVD

Hi There,
I have a Pure Premium with Rear Entertainment on Order. I was curious, since the North American Spec does not have the Dual View Screen in the front, will my passenger be able to watch DVD's at all?

Thanks!
12-11-2012 03:33am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AandM1228

RE: North American Model and Forward Passenger DVD

(12-11-2012 03:33am)same2you Wrote:  Hi There,
I have a Pure Premium with Rear Entertainment on Order. I was curious, since the North American Spec does not have the Dual View Screen in the front, will my passenger be able to watch DVD's at all?

Thanks!

My US spec allows the DVD to be watched if the car is going under 2/3 MPH or stopped, if you go faster than that the screen reverts back to the main screen but you can still hear the DVD. I do wish they would have made it a dual screen like the UK spec cars but there is probably a law or something prohibiting it.

Ordered 23 May 2012, Delivered 26 October 2012
2013 5 door Fuji White, Pure w/Premium and Climate Packages
12-11-2012 07:43am
Easty

Re: RE: North American Model and Forward Passenger DVD

(12-11-2012 07:43am)AandM1228 Wrote:  My US spec allows the DVD to be watched if the car is going under 2/3 MPH or stopped, if you go faster than that the screen reverts back to the main screen but you can still hear the DVD. I do wish they would have made it a dual screen like the UK spec cars but there is probably a law or something prohibiting it.

Thats good news that it can even play it. My mb had a hack for the rest of the world but in the usa they removed the hardware.

Maybe an engineering menu can remedy this. Looking forward to getting mine to play.

Sent from my ST17a using Tapatalk 2
12-11-2012 06:18pm