Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New SD4 - also Fuji white
Clip

New SD4 - also Fuji white

Introduced myself in Australia section, but thought this is the place to post up a couple of pics. Been just over a week now since picked it up and must say it's wonderful. It ticks ALL my boxes. Although I didn't go into the dealer to buy this Evoque, I ended up 2 hours later having signed up for it. It was floor stock (but not a demo), and came fairly heavily loaded for a Pure Tech: pana roof, Clearview pack, 20" alloys, front park sensors, heated power folding mirrors with rev dip & approach lamps, rear camera, power seats with memory, HDD Nav. I think they were happy to get rid of it as pretty sure the list of options is not something they would have optioned normally for floor stock. Seems it was an order that fell through? Anyway, I think I benefited as the price was right.

I was going to wait (12-16 months!) for a Mecan, but the lack of the Mecan's off road ability and extra $$$$ was the deal breaker. The Evoque could have a few more kw's - 200kw would be nice, but it's not too slow, so can't really complain - but nothing near the Mecan. I could be tempted into a properly coded remap though (not piggy back units). Regardless, the fact I can confidently take it off road more than makes up for it.

The major selling point for me was the comfort. Having come from years of German cars, I must say it is wonderful sitting back INTO the seats in the Evoque, as opposed to sitting on top of the MB seats. I'm very, very happy - there's just something quite different about the RR as compared to the German alternatives. It's hard to pin point, but the Evoque is just such a nice place to spend some time in!

I've got lots of questions, but will find the right lists to post them in.
I've de-badged the rear, and would like to find a clean front grill, but think they all have the oval badge in the corner (why do they put that there? It completely spoils the look of the grill). I clayed and Nanolexed the exterior surfaces (not the windscreen though). Was thinking of blacking out the wheels, but glad I didn't get the choice as the silver has grown on me and I wouldn't option the black now. Other than ordering mudflaps, a rear cargo mat, swapping out the standard bulbs for some LED's in the footwells and above rear doors (why did they do that, it looks all wrong with those old bulbs), that's about all I plan on doing. Although I've got some questions about the "sub" which I suspect is non-existent- so that will need rectifying.

Pics:
Side
[Image: side_zpsndriknng.jpg?t=1431252757]

Front
[Image: front_zps5osgcqmn.jpg?t=1431252761]

Rear
[Image: rear_zps8fm58tks.jpg?t=1431252761]
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2015 11:23am by Clip.)
11-05-2015 11:21am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: New SD4 - also Fuji white

Got yourself a nice spec there. Although think the Grey parts need to be Black on a Fuji.

If you can find yourself an early MY12 grill, they don't all have them badges...

No Spotty nose here on mine Smile
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-My-Fuji-D...1#pid39721

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-05-2015 02:51pm
Clip

Thanks Phil, yes, that's the grill I want, the same as yours.
I would have ordered a Black design pack as loved the black roof effect with rest of the black trim, but as ended with this one, not sure about doing a few bits black now. Probably change my mind in a week or so, and guess I could plastidip the bits so could reverse if doesn't work out.

(11-05-2015 02:51pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Got yourself a nice spec there. Although think the Grey parts need to be Black on a Fuji.

If you can find yourself an early MY12 grill, they don't all have them badges...

No Spotty nose here on mine Smile
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-My-Fuji-D...1#pid39721
12-05-2015 08:53am
Mark^^

It looks great, hope your going to enjoy driving it all over Oz.

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
12-05-2015 10:24am
Clip

(12-05-2015 10:24am)Mark^^ Wrote:  It looks great, hope your going to enjoy driving it all over Oz.
Yep, thanks Mark. Planning a lot of trips already. First one will be down to Jervis Bay for some cold water diving. Can't wait.
12-05-2015 11:01am
Mark^^

I took mine from Canberra to Lightening Ridge a few weeks ago, was great drive. I have also done some trip down to Eden and out to Bathurst and into some of the National Parks out that way to do some off road driving. Its a great car to drive on long trips and you can also easily drive a dirt track to explore and see what's there.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Lightning...utback-NSW

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
12-05-2015 11:48am