Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need thoughts on Black on cream interior
jpleclef

Need thoughts on Black on cream interior

Hey, so i have ordered my pure SD4 in black on black. But I am starting to have second thoughts....

I saw someome post pictures of their pure with a creamy beige interior and was wandering if it worked/would it get dirty too easily??

Here are the pictures the member posted:

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/5125954/1...gallery:21

Thank you!
13-02-2012 01:07pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

RE: Need thoughts on Black on cream interior

(13-02-2012 01:07pm)jpleclef Wrote:  Hey, so i have ordered my pure SD4 in black on black. But I am starting to have second thoughts....

I saw someome post pictures of their pure with a creamy beige interior and was wandering if it worked/would it get dirty too easily??

Here are the pictures the member posted:

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/5125954/1...gallery:21

Thank you!

Some good pictures there!

This looks like the 'Element' interior, which is cirrus upholstery with lunar trim. This is what I've ordered on my Orkney Grey Prestige. What puzzles me, though, is that the catalogue shows the upholstery as having contrast stitching (in lunar) whereas this car has cirrus stitching. Has anyone got this interior on a Prestige who can advise which is correct? (The Pure definitely does have non-contrastiing stitching with the cirrus/lunar interior).
13-02-2012 03:49pm
Sarcastrix

(13-02-2012 01:07pm)jpleclef Wrote:  was wandering if it worked/would it get dirty too easily??

Do you have young kids? do you wear dark jeans/work clothes? do you have a dog? ... if the answer is yes, then buy lots leather cleaner Smile

I have similar in my Audi (cream leather/alcantara combo) and yes, it shows the dirt but it will clean up when I come to sell it.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
13-02-2012 03:59pm
Donny Dog

In answer to my own question about the stitching with cirrus interiors, having had a second look at the photos, I'm not sure that this car is a Prestige. They are very difficult to tell apart, especially in black. Anyone know??
13-02-2012 04:12pm
THEMACS

(13-02-2012 04:12pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  In answer to my own question about the stitching with cirrus interiors, having had a second look at the photos, I'm not sure that this car is a Prestige. They are very difficult to tell apart, especially in black. Anyone know??

I have seen that car before as it was posted by a member on here and it is a Pure.

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
13-02-2012 04:22pm
Donny Dog

(13-02-2012 04:22pm)THEMACS Wrote:  I have seen that car before as it was posted by a member on here and it is a Pure.

Thanks! Is there an easy way to tell? He seems to have quite a few Prestige features, some of which I didn't know were available as accessories.

At least you've explained the stitching puzzle for me! Smile (Coincidentally, while I was typing this, the dealer got back to me and confirmed that the stitching is lunar on a Prestige, i.e. contrast stitching).
13-02-2012 04:32pm
THEMACS

(13-02-2012 04:32pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  Thanks! Is there an easy way to tell? He seems to have quite a few Prestige features, some of which I didn't know were available as accessories.

At least you've explained the stitching puzzle for me! Smile (Coincidentally, while I was typing this, the dealer got back to me and confirmed that the stitching is lunar on a Prestige, i.e. contrast stitching).

The main thing is the colour of the Grille and Side Vents, on a Prestige they are Atlas, ie Bright Silver, same for the trim at the bottom of the doors and another thing is the waist finisher, ie the trim at the bottom of the window, is chrome on a 5 door prestige, just to confuse you, the waist finisher is black on ALL Coupe's!!

Hope that has given you a bit more info on how to spot the diffences!! If you look at the Brochure it gives a pretty good indication on the differences on all the trim lelvelsVery Happy

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
13-02-2012 05:04pm
jpleclef

If the light interior works with the dark exterior then my only worry would really be that because it is so light it will look older/dirtier/more run down sooner?
13-02-2012 05:23pm
THEMACS

(13-02-2012 05:23pm)jpleclef Wrote:  If the light interior works with the dark exterior then my only worry would really be that because it is so light it will look older/dirtier/more run down sooner?

Correct! It will

13-02-2012 05:40pm
Daigriff

I went for the ambience interior on a prestige. It does look fantastic bit does mark when getting in and out when wearing jeans. I keep a supply of baby wipes in the car and a quick rub and everythings back to normal.
Glad I went for the light interior but it won't suit everyone, but my kids arent little anymore.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
13-02-2012 06:37pm