Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Navigation - list of directions
superchunk

I was wondering if there is a way to view a list of the turn by turn directions to a destination similar to how google maps presents written directions. On some trips, looking at just the map view is insufficient to know which way the sat/nav is planning to go. I figured it out one time in a particular instance (considering a detour?), but can't figure out how to display it regularly. Any help is appreciated.
12-06-2013 07:40pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

Once in navigation you can select a split screen to list your route if you wish.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
12-06-2013 07:54pm
superchunk

RE: Navigation - list of directions

(12-06-2013 07:54pm)griff Wrote:  Once in navigation you can select a split screen to list your route if you wish.

This will allow me to preview/scroll through all the turns? I'll double check it out. Thanks for the quick reply.
12-06-2013 08:08pm
superchunk

I set a destination and then selected the split screen symbol near the bottom of the screen and ended up with two maps (left side zoomed out, right side detailed). I'm really looking to see a list of turn by turn written instructions to know in advance of what route I'll be taking. I've seen it once before while playing around with all the nav features but could not duplicate it. This would be really useful before selecting a route or to get familiar with the route. Trying to move around the map and adjusting the map scale is too time consuming especially on 100+mile trips.

(sorry that is probably in the wrong discussion topic but I got confused and then couldn't figure out how to move it)
13-06-2013 05:55pm
rchrdleigh

Once you've inputted the route, if you press and hold the GO button until it bleeps it will access the Preview Route option. Once the preview route function is running you should also have the option of changing the right hand screen from map view to direction view which should give you what you're looking for.
The direction view function is one of the split screen options in normal use as well, just need to press the right option button on the screen.
13-06-2013 07:40pm