Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My turn at last!
bluebear

My turn at last!

Got mine yesterday and have to say I'm blown away so far. I know white will be by far the most common but for me it is the signature colour of the Evoque and I just love it. I am also not a fan of black interiors and I think the almond/expresso is fantastic. I guess I would say that as I chose it!

The handover was great and another salesman came across and said oneof his customers had insisted he ask me if I wanted to sell it to him! Didn't name a price though, not that I was remotely tempted.

One thing I hadn't realised was that all the cars are keyless drive. I had thought that you only got this is keyless entry had been specced, which I hadn't.

Some photographs on the attached link

https://picasaweb.google.com/dwsjackson/...o3Moc_SOg#

Collected - Pure Coupe SD4 Tech Auto, fuji with Almond/Expresso interior. Style 5 19" alloys, panoramic roof, xenons, privacy glass, electric adjustment exterior mirrors, rear camera, park assist, fog lamps, spare wheel
13-11-2011 10:11am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChuckieB

RE: My turn at last!

Well there's a " Brucie bonus" for you. Hopefully one of many to come!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
13-11-2011 10:17am
ceebee

Congratulations Bluebear, Car looks amazing.
I have had mine for just less than 3 weeks and already have 700 miles on the clock. Aiming to get to 50,000 miles in the 4 years I will have likely have it, so looking forward to a further 49,300 miles of driving it!

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
13-11-2011 11:30am
griff

Congratulations. It's a great feeling is it not. I hope you have terrific adventures in your splendid car.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
13-11-2011 11:40am
bluebear

Thanks guys, I am delighted with it. When I got home yesterday afternoon suddenly all the neighbours appeared for a nosey!

A quick question, I was playing with settings on the nav, radio etc but needed the engine on to do it. Is there a way of doing this with the engine off?

Collected - Pure Coupe SD4 Tech Auto, fuji with Almond/Expresso interior. Style 5 19" alloys, panoramic roof, xenons, privacy glass, electric adjustment exterior mirrors, rear camera, park assist, fog lamps, spare wheel
13-11-2011 12:22pm
griff

I think you can do it for 10 mins but I've just spent an hour loading CDs.
They recommend you load etc with engine running to conserve battery.
Have fun.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
13-11-2011 01:13pm
vision*R

All recent cars seem to have energy saving functions on nav, radio, etc. these days.
Makes the car useless for drive-in movies!

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
13-11-2011 01:15pm
mark_n

The in-car stuff consumes much more power than the car radios of old and will quickly flatten the battery if you let it., so it makes watching TV while SWMBO is doing the Waitrose shop difficult unless you have the engine running.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 13-11-2011 02:19pm by mark_n.)
13-11-2011 02:19pm
SINGHY

Hey Bluebear did you get it from Farnells at Bradford, I was there yesterday and think I might have seen your car, it looks smart. I don't get mine until March but popped in to see whether they had a 5 door Pure as I hadn't seen one in the flesh. The sales team were most helpful and showed me a customer's car that was being prep'd for delivery, it was a Firenze Red and a fairly basic spec, they even opened it up for me to look at and switched on the standard headlights so that I could see the difference between them and the Xnons that I've specced.
Enjoy!

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
13-11-2011 03:06pm
bluebear

(13-11-2011 03:06pm)SINGHY Wrote:  Hey Bluebear did you get it from Farnells at Bradford, I was there yesterday and think I might have seen your car, it looks smart. I don't get mine until March but popped in to see whether they had a 5 door Pure as I hadn't seen one in the flesh. The sales team were most helpful and showed me a customer's car that was being prep'd for delivery, it was a Firenze Red and a fairly basic spec, they even opened it up for me to look at and switched on the standard headlights so that I could see the difference between them and the Xnons that I've specced.
Enjoy!

Hi Singhy, yes I got it from Farnells in Bradford. It was there until about 2.30 when I left in it! They said it had attracted a bit of attention during the day!

13-11-2011 04:54pm