Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My new to me dynamic lux
Mat B

My new to me dynamic lux

Hi all
I've just recently purchased my first land rover. A 2011 sd4 dynamic Lux.
Ive had a few hiccups along the way. Like a gearbox fault after four days. But I'm pleased to say all is fixed now with a new differential module and hopefully it's plain sailing from here.
So far I've changed the 'land rover' lettering to black and added some 3dr bonnet louvres.

Future plains would be the black exhaust finishers and perhaps a remap to get rid of some flat spots.

[Image: 95F4C4A6-1665-4390-8A74-0FE6D7E3A29D.jpg]

[Image: 5C737C58-B9E7-4A56-B960-CC736B3590CE.jpg]

[Image: 10050814-B357-4691-80F1-AC8F35BDFCE7.jpg]
20-08-2014 09:44pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: My new to me dynamic lux

Looks great!

When I get in mine, even after a couple of years I still really love it, not many cars in my ownership have done that.

re: the gearbox fault - loads of threads on this - my recurring gearbox fault was nothing to do with the modules (despite them saying otherwise), it was a dodgy battery, it would flash up when you start the car, then go out.
Keep an eye on that!.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
21-08-2014 08:38am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mat B

Thanks.

I will read up on the gearbox problems some more.
I've purchased a bluefin from superchips today. I'm impressed so far with it. The flat spots are almost all gone. I think to make is perfect it would need a tcu remap. Has anyone had one of know of anywhere that can do it?

One annoy niggle that has developed is interference coming through my speakers. I've not had a chance to look up what may be causing this.
Has anyone encountered this?

Thanks
22-08-2014 06:09pm
RacingSnake

what sort of interference (like alternator whine?), and in what circumstances? (ie, on FM/DAB/ipod/tv/Bluetooth/All!)

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
22-08-2014 06:42pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mat B

It's sounds almost like a faulty connection. Which is what I put it down to (my USB from my iphone)
Then I tied Bluetooth and the same noise too coming from all the speakers. This was again the case with sat nav, radio and using my phone.

The final straw was when it was happening with nothing on.
The noise is intermittent which makes me think something is 'interfering' with it.
22-08-2014 08:46pm
Bruno787

curious....what kind of "hood vents" did you install?

15 Maserati Quattroporte GTS
11 Mini John Cooper Works
12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic
22-08-2014 10:16pm
Mat B

For now i fitted some 'Hawke' hood vents. They are just fitted by 3M tape.
When time permits i will source some proper ones and get it to a body shop.
22-08-2014 10:50pm
RacingSnake

Mat, you need to get back to your dealer for the stereo crackling.
There was a new software released on the 5th October last year for exactly this issue.... I know, because I (and many others) had this problem.
it occurred when they changed the digital channel frequencies... as a temporary fix, change the TV country to 'USA'... it will disable the TV but should get rid of the crackling until you get the software update done.
(I know it sounds unlikely, but yes, it does interfere even when you're not watching the TV).

23-08-2014 08:24am
Mat B

Thanks again.
I've booked the car in for the update next week.
23-08-2014 09:59am
Sarcastrix

(21-08-2014 08:38am)RacingSnake Wrote:  re: the gearbox fault - loads of threads on this - my recurring gearbox fault was nothing to do with the modules (despite them saying otherwise), it was a dodgy battery, it would flash up when you start the car, then go out.

Had that myself Evil dumbass dealer had the car for over a week and wouldn't change the battery until I got LR HQ involved. One new battery later the fault went away, instantly. Although it does sometimes return when I leave the car unused for a while however, a quick charge soon fixes that (thus proving that it's a battery issue).

(22-08-2014 06:09pm)Mat B Wrote:  I've purchased a bluefin from superchips today. I'm impressed so far with it. The flat spots are almost all gone. I think to make is perfect it would need a tcu remap. Has anyone had one of know of anywhere that can do it?

I've gotta say the Bluefin transformed my Evoque, like you say no more flat spots and awesome power right when you need it. Best £360 i've ever spent on a car Cool

A proper rolling roll custom chip is a better option, Superchips have a network of dealers, however I live in Sweden where no one tunes RR and quite frankly I'm amazed at the Bluefin results so wouldn't bother.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
25-08-2014 06:13pm