Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
My favorite things and other musings......
Evoqess

My favorite things and other musings......

Just over a week of Evoque ownership, and all I can say is I'm still hovering in the new owner bliss orbit.

This afternoon I decided to dirty up the Fuji white with a mini expedition over some semi urban rougher terrain (ok it was a couple of dirt lanes and extra deep muddy puddles), and then twenty minutes later heading home I used a heavier foot to accelerate away from traffic. Nice engine growl and gosh - if ever the duality of the personality of the Evoque was to appear it certainly did today and made me exclaim a cabin "wow"! The Evoque really is a rough and tumble, aim for the ruts n mud machine one minute and hot hatch wannabe the next! I've never been the captain of this type of machine before. Someone pat me on the back for my choice Smile

I'm also one to notice the attention to detail present in the Evoque. All the storage nooks that should be rubber lined are. The brushed aluminum is real not plastic look-a-like - and I find color choices for the interior lighting /instrumentation spot on. Even the On/Off button is in the right place. The black grained leather feels tough, like it will last and look good for many years. The infotainment system is utterly intuitive and everything on my steering wheel is just as I might have designed it! It just makes sense and looks terrific. I've never felt a car so in tune with my tastes - I felt at one with this beast within 10 minutes of my first drive.

Oh, the horn doesn't require too much pressure - nor does the glovebox seem cheap (response to other stray forum opinions). Sure the plastic is perhaps a thinner grade but maybe this is intentional to keep the weight bearing door less of a strain on your shoulder when you reach across and open it!

I absolutely adore the gear selector. It's design is stunning - the way it rises to greet you with promise of adventure ahead. The cabin really has been a welcome surprise for me, like someone else said it's "out Audi'd" my Audi and I wasn't sure it would. The Audi was all quality but some elements weren't laid out as I might have ideally wanted. So I guess I have found a vehicle that really feels like its an extension of my personality. Unique, smart and stylish yet not afraid to get down and dirty from time to time Wink

Loving it!!! And no, I'm not a salesperson - the RRE doesn't need my help to be the hottest auto on the planet!
Oh, and by all means - feel free to add your favorite features to this thread ..... I'm just taking a breather. Exploring wrapping the vehicle but that might be next season as the Fuji white is bloody fantastic to look at. Maybe some 3M professional masking of some of the vulnerable areas to reduce the damage from stone chips etc.

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2011 02:51am by Evoqess.)
12-11-2011 02:48am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

RE: My favorite things and other musings......

''Unique, smart and stylish yet not afraid to get down and dirty from time to time''Wink

You sound like my type of woman, i mean car, i mean woman, i don't know, i'm confused now. Smile
No really, good new owner bliss review....we feel your bliss, your passion, and your way with words certainly amps me up even more about this outstanding exotic looking machine. I can wait, but i can't wait at the same time,so i'm enjoying both....mine is getting built this month,so getting ever closer now.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2011 04:51am by benzina.)
12-11-2011 04:45am
exigejoe

The rre is good but half the time im in it, im wishing i was in my other car!

Lotus Exige (aspen white) with VF supercharger kit, 413hp, 366lb/ft
Range Rover Evoque in fuji white and almond/espresso interior
2013 Audi A7 3.0T supercharged
12-11-2011 06:45am
mark_n

Well, Diana, you once again get my vote for "Post of the Week" and not a spelling mistake in sight LOL. Thank you.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
12-11-2011 11:08am
SebM

Great !

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
12-11-2011 11:47am
Evoqess

Well thankyou! I absolutely have (finally) found the perfect vehicle for my urban needs and my rarer backroad wanderings (Joe, sadly I can't keep a performance vehicle as well but demand a ride in your Lotus if you are ever north of the border lol).

I'll be very interested to hear of your opinions when your cars arrive - especially with your history of premium vehicles Mark. (And I'm humbled by your appreciation of my posts, I sure enjoy talking about the car when I'm not busy depleting worldwide oil reserves in it!).

@Benzina Haha, you always put a smile on my face! Looks like your Evoque might be one of the first in Oz, get set for much ogling and admiration!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
13-11-2011 08:22pm
JiiPee

ThudI CAN NOT WAIT ANY LONGER

Enjoying enormously: Pure Td4 Automatic, Firenze Red, almond/espresso interior, panorama roof with rails, Pure tech pack, clearview pack & cold weather pack, parking radars front and back + camera.
13-11-2011 08:42pm
mk82

(13-11-2011 08:42pm)JiiPee Wrote:  ThudI CAN NOT WAIT ANY LONGER

+1

Twisted Evil

PURE 5dr SD4 Auto, Fuji - Almond/Espresso, rear cam, front-pdc, techp., navi, seatheating, xenon package without xenon

STUUUUNNNNNNNIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!! Thud
14-11-2011 10:54am
jos

+2

ORDER16-09/2011>DEL; 27-01/2012

eD4-PURE fuji /black int./coup
pano-roof/techPACK > done !;painted wheels
3cm lowering/2cm spacers ; ROOFwrap
already > 52.000 km drive ; average;1lit/14km
ré-painted bumperparts and mirrors

4 y.TT mk1
2 y.MINIc-S
4 y.TT mk2
1 yr mini CM;
so i fit exactly in de evoque-profile...
2015 > TTmk3......?
14-11-2011 11:16am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply