Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My TD4 Firenze Prestige
Kimv

My TD4 Firenze Prestige

(22-05-2012 04:30pm)Cedric Wrote:  In Leuven, goeie dealer.

Waiting times should drop a bit, but it still depends on the dealer. My colleague ordered it at the Brussels east dealer, and he got his nearly one month faster. Production is now running 24x7.

Same dealer! And it will arrive there on Thursday! And I'll pick it up next week!

Congratulations with yours!

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
22-05-2012 05:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

RE: My TD4 Firenze Prestige

Looks good, a nice combination, the wheels, red, white roof and the chrome trim on the prestige sets it of nicely.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
22-05-2012 11:34pm
Cedric

(22-05-2012 11:34pm)J77 Wrote:  Looks good, a nice combination, the wheels, red, white roof and the chrome trim on the prestige sets it of nicely.

I was a bit scared to order it as I couldn't really find an example for that configuration. The only thing I had to go by was the car configurator on the land rover site.

If there is one regret, design wise, it's not having the dual exhausts from the dynamic, the rest is just perfect.
23-05-2012 07:55am
Bjorntje_be

love it !!!

ED4 5dr Pure Fuji white with tech pack/fog lights/privacy glass/tow bar ; order 24/02 / expected summer 2012 / delivered 18 sept 2012
25-05-2012 10:24pm
Cedric

(25-05-2012 10:24pm)Bjorntje_be Wrote:  love it !!!

Thanks Smile

Well, we're just over 10 days down the road and I nearly got 1000km on the clock. Time for a little evaluation.

So far it lives up to the expectations. It's a great car and today, in sport mode, it got so much better. Obviously, there are a few niggles I was aware off when I tested it at the beginning of the year.

Average fuel consumption went up to just over 10L for the last fill up, that was mainly city driving. In D mode, it does take some time to make up its mind to select the gear. In S mode it's brilliant in the lower gears. However, I would want it to change the gears a bit quicker in the higher gears. I'll be using S most of the time, and use the paddles to shift in the higher gears.

Yesterday I was in the car and dropped somebody off at the station, but I wasn't able to open the boot without switching off the engine. That was annoying.

The other slightly annoying thing is that I haven't found a comfortable space to rest my elbow so far. The seat is in the highest position.

The rearview mirrors are huge. Backwards visibility is perfect, but it makes the car a lot wider and creates huge blind spots at intersections. They don't help much in tight underground carparks either. I knew that, so I'm glad I specced the surround cameras. Unfortunately I haven't found a way to overrule the reverse camera yet, but they have helped me getting to understand the dimensions of the car.

Maybe I haven't made myself clear, but it's a terrific car. Handling is superb, I love all the toys and the 380W soundsystem is top notch. At least it is witch cd's. I'm going to rip my collection to losless format and connect play it from an old ipod or something.

Looking forward to the next 1000km!
26-05-2012 07:47pm
LDT

Good to see that you are yet another happy owner, overall, great that you are happy with your choice.

I have not tried to open the boot with the engine running yet, so was interested to read that this cannot be done. Previous cars I have had would allow this.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
26-05-2012 10:35pm
andrey1302

You shpuld be able to open the trunk with the engine on by pressing the button in the car, at least that works for me

Fuji 3 dr Pure SD4
[Image: 124851.png]
27-05-2012 08:19am
Cedric

(27-05-2012 08:19am)andrey1302 Wrote:  You shpuld be able to open the trunk with the engine on by pressing the button in the car, at least that works for me

I guess I have missed the button, but I haven't worked my way through the manual yet. Thanks for the tip.
27-05-2012 08:22am
ChuckieB

Don't rememember the combination of circumstances but you will be able yo open the boot with the engine on , e.g. open the door? You certainly don't want to be engaging the tailgate release with your knee while the car is movingShocked

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
27-05-2012 08:26am
Belvoirbloke

I opened the tailgate from the inside button (below side airvent) yesterday with the engine running, so it should work. There is a way to rest the windows and locks opening system, I think its in the book.
The colours you have chosen look really great, the rear of the Prestige looks spectacular with the two chrome strips especially with your scheme. I was rather wishing I had had my roof in white, I have read you can get it “wrapped” !
Great pics.

lover’s tiff over Razz
Prestige SD4 auto, 5DR, Orkney Grey, Ivory/Dark Cherry/Pano/Power Tailgate
28-05-2012 03:15pm