Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
My Pure Evoque - let the changes begin................
Griff449

RE: My Pure Evoque - let the changes begin................

(15-09-2012 03:35pm)cjfp Wrote:  Er, someone has far too much time on their hands! Laughing

Jealous ........

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
15-09-2012 03:40pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PapaRod

Griff - mind me asking exactly what you did on the interior lighting?

Good looking car - I'm still trying to convince the mrs on the rationale in modifying an £40 000+ car...Banging Head

Pure SD, Fuji, TechPack 1, Clearview, Auto, Privacy, Park assist - now with a towbar...Very Happy
16-09-2012 08:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Griff449

(16-09-2012 08:58pm)PapaRod Wrote:  Griff - mind me asking exactly what you did on the interior lighting?

Good looking car - I'm still trying to convince the mrs on the rationale in modifying an £40 000+ car...Banging Head

Mate just changed all of the interior 501s for true white OSRAMS - changes the yellow tinge to a brilliant white.
Don't forget the footwells as well Smile

Next mod due to be started on Tue evening Smile

Tell the Mrs you're needing to personalise !

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
16-09-2012 10:07pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PapaRod

(16-09-2012 10:07pm)Griff449 Wrote:  Mate just changed all of the interior 501s for true white OSRAMS - changes the yellow tinge to a brilliant white.
Don't forget the footwells as well Smile

Next mod due to be started on Tue evening Smile

Tell the Mrs you're needing to personalise !

Any changes in the mood-lights?

I'll keep on convincing the Mrs...Mr. Green

Pure SD, Fuji, TechPack 1, Clearview, Auto, Privacy, Park assist - now with a towbar...Very Happy
17-09-2012 05:15pm
Griff449

To be honest I've been so busy with work I have not had time to look at them. I reckon they might require some centre console removal not that it's a problem lol

17-09-2012 07:58pm
Griff449

Completed the replacement waist finisher task tonight Smile

Task: Replace Brunel waist finisher with a gloss black replacement

[Image: Brunelback_zps24652aa9.jpg]

Remove the interior boot plastic fasia using trim tools. It is affixed using pop on plug fittings. You will then see four bolts which require removal using a deep socket set. unplug the boot lock/wire harness. Move to the outside of the boot and pull off the waist finisher and unplug the remaining part of the wiring harness.

[Image: bootliner.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9307_zps310cad17.jpg]

Now that the waist finisher is removed you will need to now unclip the wiring harness from the waist finisher housing and also pop out the boot lock and number plate lights by using a small screwdriver to push out the clips on the sides of each part. Both these parts and the wiring harness need to be fitted to the replacement waist finisher.

[Image: IMG_9309_zps2743e822.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9305_zps6543cd04.jpg]

Before refitting the new waist finisher back onto the car ensure all wiring has been plugged back in and also test it by turning your lights on. Once you are happy push the waist finisher back into place and refit the bolts and interior boot cover on the inside. Next stand back and admire the new black gloss waist finisher!

[Image: IMG_9323_zps40a0cf60.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 18-09-2012 08:18pm by Griff449.)
18-09-2012 08:17pm
Evo-king

I think you should be investing in some Black wrap next, strikes me that roof is just begging to get wrapped, you might even have some left over for the mirrors.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
18-09-2012 10:40pm
WB
WB

(18-09-2012 10:40pm)Evo-king Wrote:  I think you should be investing in some Black wrap next, strikes me that roof is just begging to get wrapped, you might even have some left over for the mirrors.

If he keeps going the whole car will be black soon (with red calipers ofcourse)! Laughing
19-09-2012 01:12pm
BRO-T

Loving this thread.
Griff, any ideas how much the roof wrap would cost??
19-09-2012 01:30pm
xxxx5

Griff, want to pop over to mine and undertake some of those mods to my Pure??

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
19-09-2012 02:44pm