Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
My Pure Evoque - let the changes begin................
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: My Pure Evoque - let the changes begin................

Griff,

From your photo did you use the straight template for the boot letters? I ask because the rear ones are subtly curved and I found it better to mark and replace each one individually; still nice work (not sure about the grille though - I just drove around for two days without one!). I can't wait ot see what the front looks like at the end, as I still haven't decided whethger to replace the front lettering on my bonnet or not and if I did then it would be black to match the restVery Happy

BFG

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
05-09-2012 05:53am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

Congrats Griff! Keep the pics coming.

Did you work out how to remove the rear trim bar?
05-09-2012 02:34pm
Griff449

I made the temp grill to avoid having some large stone or debris hit the internals, worked very well and well worth doing in my opinion for me anyway Smile Still it was only needed for 24hours which is not a bad turnaround for a paintshop!

Grill, fog surrounds and side fender blades now back and fitted. The letter fitting I am happy with if anyone needs the template if youre buying a loose set of letters let me know and I will post it to you no probs at all.

The rear trim is going to take a bit more looking at, it would be useful to find some fitting instructions to see if its a case of forcing it off the poppers or any wiring connectors from the boot rear lights needs taking out as well. Will have to do some research before having a go at it.

Plans next will be replacing all of the internal lighting with new 501 bulbs and fitting the side steps, followed by the fitting of the detachable tow bar. Hatchbag boot liner fitted as are the seat covers (kids). Wheels will be changed to gloss black in Nov as I am away end of the month ..............

All going to plan so far.............

[Image: IMG_8900.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8901.jpg]

[Image: MasterFront.jpg]

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
(This post was last modified: 15-09-2012 02:47pm by Griff449.)
05-09-2012 05:39pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

Looking good - are you thinking about doing the bull bars/diffusers?
05-09-2012 05:41pm
Griff449

On the list there going silver not quite sure yet whether a mix or complete

(Front and back)

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
05-09-2012 05:51pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

Griff, just noticed you don't have the Land Rover badge on the front - aren't they all supposed to be MY13 now? I'm not a fan of the badge but just curious.
05-09-2012 08:04pm
SINGHY

Griff
Looks impressive and in my view it's necessary to break up all that white with some subtle black here and there. I'm getting my roof, rear waistlinesr and side vents wrapped in gloss black this friday to match my grill, are you coming to the Gaydon get together on Saturday as I'd like to see your Evoque close up.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
05-09-2012 08:13pm
doug

(05-09-2012 02:34pm)WB Wrote:  Congrats Griff! Keep the pics coming.

Did you work out how to remove the rear trim bar?

If your talking about the bull bar bits. There plastic welded on. I did try to remove mine for spraying, but I was in fear of braking them so had them masked up in place. There was one member who's body shop did manage to remove them & reglue/weld them back. So it is possible if your brave Confused
(05-09-2012 08:13pm)SINGHY Wrote:  I'm getting my roof, rear waistlinesr and side vents wrapped in gloss black this friday to match my grill, are you coming to the Gaydon get together on Saturday as I'd like to see your Evoque close up.

Looking forward at seeing your wrapped roof on Saturday

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2012 08:29pm by doug.)
05-09-2012 08:28pm
Barton Evoque

(05-09-2012 08:04pm)WB Wrote:  Griff, just noticed you don't have the Land Rover badge on the front - aren't they all supposed to be MY13 now? I'm not a fan of the badge but just curious.

Think his was a July build,but with LR Holidays etc he was late receiving it.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
05-09-2012 08:40pm
Griff449

(05-09-2012 08:04pm)WB Wrote:  Griff, just noticed you don't have the Land Rover badge on the front - aren't they all supposed to be MY13 now? I'm not a fan of the badge but just curious.

Mine was a MY12 build but I did receive the MY13 key fobs Laughing I would have preferred to have had the MY13 Grill

Mine was built 18 July so was just waiting to be shipped that's all and therefore was a MY12
(05-09-2012 08:13pm)SINGHY Wrote:  Griff
Looks impressive and in my view it's necessary to break up all that white with some subtle black here and there. I'm getting my roof, rear waistlinesr and side vents wrapped in gloss black this friday to match my grill, are you coming to the Gaydon get together on Saturday as I'd like to see your Evoque close up.

The black certainly makes a change for sure and yes indeed does break p the lines especially on a white one. I really think the same style would look awesome on a Mauritious blue one for sure. Next years maybe Laughing

Now there's a thought, I haven't looked I to the option of wrapping the rear strip but wouldn't be sure if it would be the same finish?

I was seriously thinking of going to Gaydon would be great but I've booked the tow bar fitting in the excitement for sat Embarrassed
The front and rear fronts I was planning on having them painted still fitted to the Evoque seemed easier in my discussions with the body shop

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2012 09:07pm by Griff449.)
05-09-2012 09:01pm