Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Firenze Prestige, at last!!!!!
PhilB

My Firenze Prestige, at last!!!!!

Picked up from the dealers last Friday morning.
Lots of attention from customers whilst we were sorting the paperwork.
Couple of pics taken by the salesman:

[Image: 2012-01-13113704.jpg]

[Image: 2012-01-13113654.jpg]

In bright sunshine it appears quite a rich red, but in shade its a nice deep blood red. Reminds me of Peugeot "Diablo Red" a great colour which I had on a couple of 306's years ago.

First impressions.
I'm coming from a BMW 535D M sport touring so performance is obviously not the same! But handling wise with adaptive dynamics it corners flat and the ride is definitely better.
Getting used to a manual again was no probs, terrific short throw stick and lots of grunt torque-wise in higher gears.
Spent yesterday setting it up to my preferences.
Couldn't get the phonebook to upload until I realised it only takes the book from the phone not the SIM where all mine were stored, soon sorted.
Uploaded CD's and then they would play but with no volume!
Turned it off and back on again and all fixed.

More pics. Its been superguarded so its very slippery.
One moan though, If they have to put the horrible bloody tyre dressing on (which I hate) why do they get it on the alloys where it forms a gloopy mess with brake dust.
Oh well it will be off today!

[Image: P1144105.jpg]

[Image: P1144107.jpg]

[Image: P1144108.jpg]

I've got the dark oak wood finisher on the dash as a no cost option and it goes well with the vibe interior, difficult to photo in bright sun though.

[Image: P1144112.jpg]

I'm not getting the looks and stares like a lot of people, maybe the firenze is a bit "stealthier" than white etc but who knows???
Overall I'm just gobsmacked how a 4x4 like this can handle like a sports car?
I've had to be careful as being higher up I find I don't get the same impression of speed as I did before.
Coming back down the M4 from the dealer I thought I was tooling along around 75, looked at the peedo, 90 mph! Woops!!!
It really is a terrific car and I'm lovin it!!!

PhilTongue Out

Prestige SD4 5 door manual, Firenze, vibe, style 4, adaptive dynamics, privacy, Hybrid tv, spare wheel, grey oak wood finisher, ebony headliner.
15-01-2012 07:51am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoqess

RE: My Firenze Prestige, at last!!!!!

Fantastic write up Phil with pictures to salivate over!
Glad to see you are running in the car at a healthy velocity lol Smile

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
15-01-2012 07:58am
DefLeppard

Great to see some different colours popping up.
Definitely would be my number 2 choice.
Its beautiful!

Now just waiting for some lucky forum member to get a Mauritius blue delivered.
(I asked my dealer how many were in the order system for Australia - just 3.
One for Perth, One from Trivetts NSW, and mine. Ive now started calling my car the "limited edition" Tongue Out )

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
15-01-2012 08:15am
ChuckieB

Hooray! More pictures of Firenze. Thanks.

Diablo "devil" red from my Peugeot 106Gti (greatly missed) was the inspiration for choosing this colour.

Bring it on!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
15-01-2012 10:22am
griff

Great write up Phil and I'm glad you and others are starting to enjoy the car after what has been a long wait for all of us.
Cheers

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
15-01-2012 10:28am
musher

Great Looking car Phil. Just out of interest how good is the tv? Added it to my order at the last minute and would be keen to know weather its worth the extra bit of cash, although its a bit late to change my mind now as the car is being bulit next friday?

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
15-01-2012 01:09pm
PhilB

(15-01-2012 07:58am)Evoqess Wrote:  Fantastic write up Phil with pictures to salivate over!
Glad to see you are running in the car at a healthy velocity lol Smile

Thanks for all the kind replies everyone!
Having been waiting since putting down the deposit last July, its well worth the wait!

Running the car in eh?? Well as its a diesel and at 90 in 6th gear its only pulling about 2500 rpm its not a problem.
Real trouble is on that part of the M4 near Heathrow EVERYONE is doing 90!!!!!Twisted Evil
(15-01-2012 01:09pm)musher Wrote:  Great Looking car Phil. Just out of interest how good is the tv? Added it to my order at the last minute and would be keen to know weather its worth the extra bit of cash, although its a bit late to change my mind now as the car is being bulit next friday?

Mush, I was a bit of a skinflint and didnt get the dual view so mine only works when its stationary.
Really good whilst parked up on the schoolrun waiting for the bell!

The anologue pictures are rubbish and its going to be turned off soon.
The digital picture is very good depending on where you are.
Quality is on par with an LCD but not Hi Def obviously.
My transmitter is at Crystal Palace which is running on low power atm for the switchover soon.
But In a good position it will pick up most of the Freeview channels.
Watched the darts 'tother day on the school run which was pretty cool!Laughing

Prestige SD4 5 door manual, Firenze, vibe, style 4, adaptive dynamics, privacy, Hybrid tv, spare wheel, grey oak wood finisher, ebony headliner.
(This post was last modified: 15-01-2012 01:21pm by PhilB.)
15-01-2012 01:16pm
musher

(15-01-2012 01:16pm)PhilB Wrote:  Thanks for all the kind replies everyone!
Having been waiting since putting down the deposit last July, its well worth the wait!

Running the car in eh?? Well as its a diesel and at 90 in 6th gear its only pulling about 2500 rpm its not a problem.
Real trouble is on that part of the M4 near Heathrow EVERYONE is doing 90!!!!!Twisted Evil

Mush, I was a bit of a skinflint and didnt get the dual view so mine only works when its stationary.
Really good whilst parked up on the schoolrun waiting for the bell!

The anologue pictures are rubbish and its going to be turned off soon.
The digital picture is very good depending on where you are.
Quality is on par with an LCD but not Hi Def obviously.
My transmitter is at Crystal Palace which is running on low power atm for the switchover soon.
But In a good position it will pick up most of the Freeview channels.
Watched the darts 'tother day on the school run which was pretty cool!Laughing

Cheers mate, sounds like it may be worth the extra bit of cash then, just as long as the Mrs thinks she's not going to watch all the soaps whilst I'm drivingLaughingLaughingLaughing

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
15-01-2012 01:28pm
vinny

Very nice mate the red was my 2nd choice but as there were no demo's available to see in the flesh I went for the safe bet.Enjoy the nice weather down there looks smashing in the pics

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
15-01-2012 05:10pm
SebM

Congrats !!

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
15-01-2012 06:10pm