Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Evoque has been keyed - so angry !
ceebee

RE: My Evoque has been keyed - so angry !

This sort of mindless vandalism just boils my blood.

There are ****holes who do this sort of thing because they are so stupid they think that if you can afford a nice car then you can afford to get it fixed.

There are many forum members (including myself) who do regular jobs, work hard and make sacrifices to be in a position to afford an Evoque.

Hope you get it sorted without too much pain/expense.

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
05-08-2012 06:40pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Big G

(05-08-2012 07:32am)tripleblack Wrote:  That really sucks man. Some people just don't deserve to breathe the air around them. If it helps you any this is what I did to fix the side of my car when I got keyed. They tagged me from the rear drivers side all the way up the front.

http://highperformancejunkies.com/how-to...scratches/

If you just take your time, you'll be able to fix it up pretty damn good. I have two more spots on my car left to touch up, besides that, as it is right now when people come over and I tell them I've been keyed, they can't tell until we are ontop of the car and I point it out.

From more than 4 feet away from my car you can't tell it is even scratched at all doesn't matter how hard you look.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll try and help ya the best I can.
Many thanks - much appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2012 09:23pm by Big G.)
05-08-2012 07:35pm
WB
WB

Really terrible news. If you do decide to get it repaired I'd suggest you go onto detailing world.co.uk and ask for a bodyshop recommendation in your area. Alternatively ask your detailed for a recommendation. They will know who produces good quality repairs as I wouldnt default to LR dealers who often farm out body repairs
05-08-2012 10:00pm
PhilSkill

Pond Life! they dont have enough brain cells to even be able to count the few they have. Doubt youd get touch up to look any good in my experience with long thin lines.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
05-08-2012 11:09pm
tripleblack

really depends on how you do it...like I said, I have a black car and mine came out good. It's all about building up the scratch so that it becomes flush with the other paint again. Thats why you put a number of coats on and a number of clear coat coats. This makes it slightly raised above the rest of the paint surface. Then you are able to carefully follow the direction and wet sand for 10 seconds or so and smooth out the entire surface.

The issue I see with touch up paint that people mess up on is they don't get the surface flush with the rest of the paint and that's why you end up seeing it. Either guys put one or two coats and no clear, or they haven't wet sanded it down to smooth the height out. I've seen shops do this to (did it to my dads car)

Don't get me wrong, I'm no expert when it comes to doing this kinda stuff. I'm probably no different than the rest of you, I take care of my car; I clay bar, polish and wax it every season. If I can make my car look the way it does you can to if you take your time.

My door scratches came out pretty nice, I still have a bit of work to do on them, and they haven't been polished or waxed yet. I haven't put those pictures up on the site yet though.

Like I said, if you need help or have questions let me know, I'll help you out as much as I can over the internet. I know the feeling to have something you put a lot of time/money/sweat into be destroyed by someone.
06-08-2012 01:56am