Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
My Evoque Has Gone....But A New Chapter Is Soon To Start!
WB
WB

RE: My Evoque Has Gone....But A New Chapter Is Soon To Start!

(30-01-2013 12:25pm)Wifes car Wrote:  I have to say that my experience of LR delaers is the same, they believe that they can sell any number of Evoques, without having any customer focus. The boom being experienced at the moment in Evoque sales will not last and they should think to the future.
But they appear to be incapable of thinking further than their profit margin.

Most dealers are unfortunately only incentivised to think about this months sales targets.
30-01-2013 12:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

(30-01-2013 01:12am)WB Wrote:  I'm confused so the dealer discounted your new Evoque by £1500 because he wasn't going to take your trade in? Surely he would have made a profit on the trade in?

Or am I misunderstanding?

Also that must be the first discounted Evoque? Does that mean LR are finally allowing dealers to discount Evoques?

Initially my Evoque (his trade in) was technically over valued as he knew the condition of it etc, he was using some of the profit of the new Evoque to subsidise this. This was because he expected to resell my Red one for a smallish but quick turnaround.
Because I sold it privately this took away the gamble so to speak & as I knew he over valued mine I initially cheeckily said "so I guess there could be a little consideration?" The answer was yes.

I am also friends with a guy who owns another car franchise (MG). I was in his showroom last week & told him I was getting another evoque with a discount, I then said that this is unusual as dealers are not allowed to discount them.
His answer to that was that no manufacturer is allowed by law to Diss-allow discounting on a new car. The dealers can choose to not allow discounting by simply saying that if you don't want to pay full price so be it, bye bye & I will call the next name on the list. This obviously maximises profit so they are in no mind to offer a discount but I guess if you are lucky enough then you can get a bit!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
30-01-2013 08:42pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(30-01-2013 08:42pm)The Valeter Wrote:  Initially my Evoque (his trade in) was technically over valued as he knew the condition of it etc, he was using some of the profit of the new Evoque to subsidise this. This was because he expected to resell my Red one for a smallish but quick turnaround.
Because I sold it privately this took away the gamble so to speak & as I knew he over valued mine I initially cheeckily said "so I guess there could be a little consideration?" The answer was yes.

I am also friends with a guy who owns another car franchise (MG). I was in his showroom last week & told him I was getting another evoque with a discount, I then said that this is unusual as dealers are not allowed to discount them.
His answer to that was that no manufacturer is allowed by law to Diss-allow discounting on a new car. The dealers can choose to not allow discounting by simply saying that if you don't want to pay full price so be it, bye bye & I will call the next name on the list. This obviously maximises profit so they are in no mind to offer a discount but I guess if you are lucky enough then you can get a bit!

I was told by LR today exactly that - they cannot stop dealers from discounting.

Yet another lie told to me and I'm sure several others by their dealers. Why do they do it???
30-01-2013 10:21pm
The Valeter

(30-01-2013 10:21pm)WB Wrote:  I was told by LR today exactly that - they cannot stop dealers from discounting.

Yet another lie told to me and I'm sure several others by their dealers. Why do they do it???

Because we believe it - I did when I got my Dynamic! Every dealer I spoke to said the same. Thing is with the supply & demand they have the upper hand! (as usual). I have no doubt all manufacturers are the same.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
30-01-2013 10:23pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(30-01-2013 10:23pm)The Valeter Wrote:  Because we believe it - I did when I got my Dynamic! Every dealer I spoke to said the same. Thing is with the supply & demand they have the upper hand! (as usual). I have no doubt all manufacturers are the same.

I'd just prefer them to say the truth which is that they do not need to discount - why falsely use LR as an excuse?

It'll be interesting to see what happens now that some have started to discount.
30-01-2013 10:25pm
THEMACS

Of course they can discount, and always have done, that's why you can get £10k+ off a new XJ!

Anyone who believed they weren't allowed to discount should head to the hospital for a check up!!Laughing

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
30-01-2013 10:43pm
Jai

My Evoque Has Gone....But A New Chapter Is Soon To Start!

I got $5k Aussie off my car which was pretty good. So there would be a degree of discounting off the vehicle itself. This wasnt floor stock either
31-01-2013 02:03am
timhum

Perhaps this first published UK discount is the beginning of the Evoque price bubble bursting; the discounts get paid for by the reduction in part exchange prices.
Tim
31-01-2013 10:27am
Craig_d1

5% off on drive the deal
31-01-2013 03:43pm
scrannel

In the USA haggling with a dealer is all part of the game. You can get great discounts on certain Evoques (remember, they're "hot" over here). But the more specific your needs... I had my dealer do a dealer inventory search to find the car I wanted. In the US there was exactly one. Still got something off. And I got the car I wanted.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
31-01-2013 04:04pm