Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mini
Charlie
No Longer Registered

RE: Mini

bit confused now (sometimes doesn't take much) have there been two versions of the BMW Mini?
Thumbs Up Blackseries
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2011 04:06pm by Charlie.)
04-06-2011 04:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blackseries

(04-06-2011 04:00pm)Charlie Wrote:  bit confused now (sometimes doesn't take much) have there been two versions of the BMW Mini?
Thumbs Up Blackseries

Yep...... MKI - the headlights are connected to the bonnet - so when it opens the lights go with it ...... MKII headlamps stay put when bonnet is opened. Also rounder headlights and more bustled (if that’s a word you can use on a boot) boot – believe it or not supposedly a complete redesign. The MKIII currently being tested .... due tale end 2012 early 2013. This MKIII Mini will share its floorpan with a front wheel drive version (a separate model) of the new BMW 1 Series (Launched yesterday – G*d its ugly!).

http://www.insideline.com/bmw/1-series/b...ebuts.html

Mind you that Petrol colour looks nice ..... wish Evoque had a few more inspired colours

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
04-06-2011 04:37pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

you learn something every day Very Happy

what I don't like the look of is the Countryman, seen many on the road and that looks all wrong at the front
04-06-2011 05:33pm
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

Love my Cooper S Works (R53 - supercharged) Mr. Green - had it 4 years, and had a Cooper (R50) before that for a couple Smile
04-06-2011 05:44pm
Daigriff

My wife runs an 09 plate Mini One and she absolutely loves it. Would have preferred a Cooper but as my eldest was learning to drive so went for the One to keep insurance down.

I use it now and again and it does actually perform very well and is very cheap to run. We took out the TLC free 5 yr servicing for£180 which is good value...you should find second hand ones with this added.

I prefer the look of the mini over the Fiat...but I wouldn't have one as a first car.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
06-06-2011 09:38am
Kermit

(04-06-2011 04:37pm)Blackseries Wrote:  Yep...... MKI - the headlights are connected to the bonnet - so when it opens the lights go with it ...... MKII headlamps stay put when bonnet is opened. Also rounder headlights and more bustled (if that’s a word you can use on a boot) boot – believe it or not supposedly a complete redesign.

The MkII looks like some stuck a hose up to tail pipe of the MkI and blew hard. Although the MkI is way bigger than Sir Alex's original it still remains faithful to the design with its shape. The MkII is ugly. Don't get me started on the Countryman!
(04-06-2011 04:37pm)Blackseries Wrote:  http://www.insideline.com/bmw/1-series/b...ebuts.html

Mind you that Petrol colour looks nice ..... wish Evoque had a few more inspired colours

I assume you are referring to the blue colour? Mazda have a nice petrol blue colour in their range. I would assume it's available in the UK.
(04-06-2011 05:44pm)Martin Wrote:  Love my Cooper S Works (R53 - supercharged)

I've got dibs on my mum's when she gets sick of hers and wants to to sell it on.
(06-06-2011 09:38am)Daigriff Wrote:  but I wouldn't have one as a first car.

Why?
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2011 10:56am by Kermit.)
06-06-2011 10:52am
Daigriff

(06-06-2011 09:38am)Daigriff Wrote:  but I wouldn't have one as a first car.

Why?
[/quote]

For me with two teenagers its far too small and on the few longer journeys I've made in it, its not a very relaxing/comfortable ride...especially on our well kept roads...not!!

Dont get me wrong it is good fun though for a quick blast around the countryside...and we have great roads in north wales but I like bigger cars with a better ride.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
06-06-2011 11:36am
Kermit

It's definitely not a family car.
08-06-2011 04:47am
SINGHY

Charlie,

I bought my wife a brand new Mini Cooper Park Lane about 5 years ago, (just like with the Evoque now) the dealers wouldn't budge on price so I had to pay full whack, it was OK but I couldn't really understand all the fuss and it was in my view underwhelming and quite thirsty. Some 2 years and 4000 miles later I swapped it for my current car (Audi A4) and managed to squeeze a decent part ex price from the Audi dealer. Hope the Evoque lives up to all the hype!

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
27-10-2011 09:11pm
tash

I have a 09 58 cooper bought it as a run around until evoque arrives but now cant find a buyer, seems like the market is flooded and they have lost their appeal, the whole reason I bought it was to sell on easy.

Car is OK, always fancied a mini but having had one I wouldnt jump to have another, a new shape fiesta would be much better I presume. Handling is good, rides poor, engine smooth but loud, economy is good, parking and visabilty is great, room is front is good, boot is terrible, build alright but not great.
27-10-2011 09:27pm