Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Memory seats - maddening!
Ranger4

RE: Memory seats - maddening!

(30-06-2012 02:58pm)DaveR Wrote:  the lowering and raising of the seat on tu
rning off/ on the car is in the menu options as easy entry/exit or something similar.

mine is turned on and I have to say I don't think it always returns to the exact same place when I get back in the car.

I will pay a bit more attention to it and confirm.

Ah, I see... mine must be turned off then. I'll have a little investigation later, but I don't think I'll leave the feature turned on.....

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
30-06-2012 03:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rhysadams

Does anyone know if there is some sort of preference to which key you use also? I know on the BMW if my partner drives the car it remembers all of her radio settings, climate control settings and seat positions. When I get it it alters to my preferences. This included the seat memory positions.

Arrived!!!: Range Rover Evoque SD4 Auto Dynamic Lux plus Privacy Glass and Premium Mats. Firenze Red, Black Roof and Style 6 Alloys, Dealer painted Black! DELIVERED: 14th September 2012 by Farnells Bradford.
30-06-2012 04:07pm
ChuckieB

(30-06-2012 04:07pm)rhysadams Wrote:  Does anyone know if there is some sort of preference to which key you use also? I know on the BMW if my partner drives the car it remembers all of her radio settings, climate control settings and seat positions. When I get it it alters to my preferences. This included the seat memory positions.

Been talked about at some length in other threads. Short answer. No.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
30-06-2012 04:29pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(29-06-2012 10:22pm)DynamiqueDan Wrote:  I hate them I really do.

My wife has memory setting 1 and I have set mine to memory setting 3. I drive the car 90% of the time so why can't it remember what the last setting was?

It seems that every time I get in the car it will move to a random setting, sometime something like my wifes seating position, sometimes mine and sometimes as if it is expecting Peter Crouch to be driving!

So most of the time when I get in the car I have to hold down memory button 3 for about 10secs while it goes back to the setting it always should have been.

Frankly it is so annoying I would much rather just have manual adjustment! It got me thinking though, is everybody's car like this or have I got a faulty system.

Don't forget each key has its own 1,2, 3 so what you need to do is set the seat where you want and press 3. Lock the car and open with the other car and press M then 3 again.

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
30-06-2012 08:12pm
DynamiqueDan

Have switched off the easy entry and reprogrammed my seat position to button 1. This has not cured the problem and on entry to the vehicle I have to laboriously hold down button 1 for 10 secs while it whirrs into the correct position. No-one else has driven the car.

Surely this is a fault?
03-07-2012 07:02am
Neo

Memory seats - maddening!

Good thing I didn't get the seat memory feature then?

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
03-07-2012 07:28am
RacingSnake

(03-07-2012 07:02am)DynamiqueDan Wrote:  Surely this is a fault?
must be, mine definately is one touch, and only if it has been changed before i get in.

Just checking.... Do you have the dynamic plus seats? Or the regulars?

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 07:44am by RacingSnake.)
03-07-2012 07:43am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply