Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RTFM
NightFox

RTFM

I know there's a 'man thing' about never reading the manual, but I'm always amazed at how people can spend £40,000 on a car and sell it after 3 years without even having known how some things work or even what they've paid for. I'll admit to being a bit geeky and like to wade through manuals but so many times I get friends saying "wow! how did you do that" when I show them something (not just on a car). If I'm spending my money on stuff, I want to get the most out of it!

I know forums like this are great places for getting answers, but I've been looking through the PDF manual over the last couple of days ready for my delivery on Tuesday, and already I've found answers to two quite long threads that I've seen on here over the last few weeks, one about the engine automatically stopping when you leave the car, the other about how/when the heated wing mirrors work.

I'm not having a go at anyone, it's your car after all. I'm just intrigued why there's this natural inclination to refuse to refer to the manual even when questions or problems occur?

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
(This post was last modified: 17-11-2012 09:39am by NightFox.)
17-11-2012 09:39am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

RE: RTFM

Well I am with you on this. Sad git that I am I had downloaded the whole manual and read it before delivery.
The salesman did not know what hit him on handover!

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
17-11-2012 10:24am
Evo-king

Saddo here as well.

Read the whole PDF version long before taking delivery.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
17-11-2012 11:16am
brianthedog

Great, thanks for the info. Not having managed to read the whole manual yet, I did not know there was a pdf manual!

Now I can read it without fear of it being toddler-ised and leave the original in the car.

http://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/evoque...manual.pdf

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr in Orkney with Ebony, Black Contrast roof
Pan Roof, Premium interior pack, Park Assist, Shadow Chrome Wheels, Roof Rails
17-11-2012 12:04pm
PhilSkill

Agreed, Having the PDF is great, I haven't read every page, but read all the bits that I use or seem different.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-11-2012 05:25pm