Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
MagneRide
slee18

RE: MagneRide

its stiffer in Dynamic mode but feels flatter in corners. The standard rides seems the same as the non-dynamic.

BTW the feel of the Oxford leather is so nice! Makes the Pure leather feel like drywall

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
03-07-2012 09:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mzn50

Question
With or without Magneride..

What is the most comfortable (read -non stiff) ride setting ?

Matt
Ottawa
2012 Evoque in Barolo Black : Dynamic Package -Active Dynamic Suspension -20" Shadow wheels (delivery July-09) Front Tinted

My Toy - Stealthy and Heavily mod'ed Porsche 997.2 C4S
Hers - Lexus RX350
04-07-2012 10:42pm
Neo

MagneRide

The magneride not only makes the ride smoother but also controls body roll so with both of these benefits I opted for it!

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
04-07-2012 11:04pm
Kimv

(04-07-2012 10:42pm)mzn50 Wrote:  Question
With or without Magneride..

What is the most comfortable (read -non stiff) ride setting ?

Before ordering I only test drove cars that didn't have AD. Both the auto en manual in SD4 and TD4. I was really impressed by the ride quality of the SD4. I didn't like the TD4.

I ordered AD on mine without knowing what exactly to expect. Now I'm happy that I took it because ride quality is excellent but if I have to be honest, so was ride quality without AD.

I rarely use the dynamic mode. It's true that it reduces roll in turns but it also makes the ride harsher so less comfortable. Roll in normal mode with AD is quite OK but so was it without AD during the test drives.

So my 2 cents would be: AD improves overall ride quality in normal mode but that doesn't mean that the ride is bad without AD. I think most people wouldn't even notice the difference. Dynamic mode is a cool feature but rarely used and never mandatory. The biggest factors (to me at least and comparing one Evoque to another) in augmenting the pleasure of driving is the bigger engine and auto gearbox.

Would I take AD again? Yes, but I have no rational reason to justify it. Maybe because (to me at least) it is one of the things that make this car extra special.

If you can afford it and if it doesn't mean you have to sacrifice a more useful option, then go for it.

Hope this helps...

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
05-07-2012 11:32am
mzn50

Same here.. Both demos at dealer did not have the option.. Ordered it anyway.. But in what setting would you say allows a "softer" ride allowing better management of bumps and bad road conditions at 40-80km an hour ?
or all the same ?

Thanks for the feedback guys...!

Matt
Ottawa
2012 Evoque in Barolo Black : Dynamic Package -Active Dynamic Suspension -20" Shadow wheels (delivery July-09) Front Tinted

My Toy - Stealthy and Heavily mod'ed Porsche 997.2 C4S
Hers - Lexus RX350
05-07-2012 12:34pm
Kimv

(05-07-2012 12:34pm)mzn50 Wrote:  Same here.. Both demos at dealer did not have the option.. Ordered it anyway.. But in what setting would you say allows a "softer" ride allowing better management of bumps and bad road conditions at 40-80km an hour ?
or all the same ?

Thanks for the feedback guys...!

Most comfortable setting is AD normal mode. (You can't "switch off" AD btw. Even in normal mode it is active)

Dynamic mode is harsher.
The other modes are for specific terrain (like snow, mud, sand, ...).

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2012 12:57pm by Kimv.)
05-07-2012 12:47pm
Evo-king

Put the car into 'Attack Mode' for the last 15 miles on the way to Eastnor today and back out again, sweeping bends and hills on A & B roads loved it.

Reverted to normal mode when on Motorway.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
05-07-2012 10:52pm
Gcc

(05-07-2012 10:52pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Put the car into 'Attack Mode' for the last 15 miles on the way to Eastnor today and back out again, sweeping bends and hills on A & B roads loved it.

Reverted to normal mode when on Motorway.

Any concern on longevity of the magna shocks?
08-07-2012 06:59am
Evo-king

Good question, it is tried and tested technology, car has LR Warranty, so for now I'm not concerned.

I think this has been discussed previously on here.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
08-07-2012 04:32pm
scrannel

Had Mag suspension on my C6 and it's been on Corvettes since 1993. The reason it's better in the "non-yahoo" mode is because it was designed NOT to have driver input. Corvette guys (very low tech crowd) wanted it to be "stiffer" so GM engineers came up with the sport mode. Which went against their whole design. My C6 was a god in normal mode -- I have a terrible back and could ride all day with that mag suspension. As soon as I put it in sport mode it killed me. And, there is an on-line article (somewhere) about C5 Corvette mag suspension testing at Nürburgring that really lays it all down.

I have Dynamic because I only took the car seriously when I heard it could be had with MagneRide. Which I love on this car.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
26-01-2013 10:29pm