Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MY16 Transmission Issuess,
EarlofEltham

MY16 Transmission Issuess,

Hi Folks,
I have a MY16 Evoque, which was built in October 2015 from recollection. TD4 1080 with the new 9 speed.

Not long after I collected the car this year it threw up a yellow error message in the dash with a message to the effect "To manoeuvre vehicle, select reverse'. I haven't taken a photo as I've been more concerned with getting the car going and not holding up traffic.

This would randomly occur when the car was stopped at traffic lights, in drive and typically on an incline.
If I released the break and accelerated to move off, the engine would rev.

Putting the transmission into park then back to drive would rectify the problem and the car would otherwise drive as normal for quite a while.

Anyway, I had it looked at by dealer and apparently a recall was attended to on the car and driveline updated completed.

That was a couple of months ago.

The problem reoccured this morning!!

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue or knows anything about it.

Dealer has referred me to Land Rover Assist, purely as a quicker way of getting a loan car etc for it be serviced.
Interested in any comments...

Cheers, Nick
04-07-2016 11:26am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EarlofEltham

RE: MY16 Transmission Issuess,

And to make matters worse, both smart keys stopped working last night when leaving the office. Or should I say the car stopped recognising the smart keys.

Had to open the car the old fashioned way, disable the alarm and use the backup engine start method.

On the positive side, the dealer and Land Rover Assist have been fantastic. They had the car towed to the dealership and about an hour later a Jaguar XE was delivered to the office.
08-07-2016 06:14am
RangeRobere

RE: MY16 Transmission Issuess,

(08-07-2016 06:14am)EarlofEltham Wrote:  And to make matters worse, both smart keys stopped working last night when leaving the office. Or should I say the car stopped recognising the smart keys.

Had to open the car the old fashioned way, disable the alarm and use the backup engine start method.

On the positive side, the dealer and Land Rover Assist have been fantastic. They had the car towed to the dealership and about an hour later a Jaguar XE was delivered to the office.

Sorry to hear about your troubles! I also have a MY2016 but have not had your first issue. However, on the second issue I believe there is a recall/update available to fix this issue. I had it happen to me and I had to pop the hood (after setting off the alarm) and disconnect/reconnect the battery to get them to recognize the key fobs. As a result my car thinks it's 2013, but I have had no other issues.

Good luck!
14-07-2016 04:31pm