Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MY15 Meridian 11 speaker 380w mis-info
Clip

MY15 Meridian 11 speaker 380w mis-info

Not sure if any of fellow Aussies have been following my post re the missing sub issue (http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Lost-sub-woofer?page=2 ) but I'd certainly be interested in hearing from any of you that have an MY15 build with this system. Thanks, Clip.
17-05-2015 08:06am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PantherX

RE: MY15 Meridian 11 speaker 380w mis-info

(17-05-2015 08:06am)Clip Wrote:  Not sure if any of fellow Aussies have been following my post re the missing sub issue (http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Lost-sub-woofer?page=2 ) but I'd certainly be interested in hearing from any of you that have an MY15 build with this system. Thanks, Clip.

I'm picking mine up on Thursday and will be interested to see if this is an issue! Will let you know.

Arrived 21 May 2015: MY15 Si4 Dynamic 5dr, Santorini Black, Full Ebony interior, 19" Style 13, Adaptive Dynamics, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Park Assist, Dynamic Tech, Cold Climate & Convenience Packs
19-05-2015 11:19am
Clip

(19-05-2015 11:19am)PantherX Wrote:  I'm picking mine up on Thursday and will be interested to see if this is an issue! Will let you know.
Thanks mate. I was going to go and tackle my dealer AGAIN, as they still haven't got back to me, but will wait to hear from you. They are still advertising the Pure Tech upgrade for free with the 11 speaker 380w Meridian system with sub. Shame they only have 10 speakers and no sub!
20-05-2015 08:19am
couplands

On my 4 week old Dynamic (which I think is mean to have the 11 speaker system), I have a setting on the touch screen - Audio Settings - to adjust the sub as well as the bass. I'm not sure if that is there even if the sub is missing.

To be honest, I turned it all up full and it didn't exactly blow my socks off, so not sure if I have a sub or not.

On my D3 it had a sub in the rear door and that really did shift some air and made your ears bleed..!

Cheers

Simon
20-05-2015 12:26pm
Clip

(20-05-2015 12:26pm)couplands Wrote:  On my 4 week old Dynamic (which I think is mean to have the 11 speaker system), I have a setting on the touch screen - Audio Settings - to adjust the sub as well as the bass. I'm not sure if that is there even if the sub is missing.

To be honest, I turned it all up full and it didn't exactly blow my socks off, so not sure if I have a sub or not.

On my D3 it had a sub in the rear door and that really did shift some air and made your ears bleed..!

Cheers

Simon
If it has a sub, it is under the driver or passenger seat and when turned up you can feel it through the seat. So seems you have the same as mine - a 10 speaker system. The sub setting is only a bass setting for the door speakers. This is a bit of rort, particularly as they are still advertising on the Australian LR site as having 11 speakers - the 11th being a dedicated sub. It's not true! Things like this don't normally bother me, but as dealer and LR have had plenty of time to sort it out, I'm bit PO to be honest.

How did you go Panther?
21-05-2015 08:14am
PantherX

So I only picked up the car at 5pm yesterday but I've already had a bit of a play with this. Initial thoughts are that there's no sub because I dialled the 'sub' setting up to max and it didn't offer much additional bass at all. It was clear that the doors were providing more low end but not like what you'd get from a proper sub. I need to crawl around and see if I can see what's under the seats but I haven't had a chance to do that just yet.

The dealer is calling me today to see how everything is going so I'll be asking the question when I speak to them.

Arrived 21 May 2015: MY15 Si4 Dynamic 5dr, Santorini Black, Full Ebony interior, 19" Style 13, Adaptive Dynamics, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Park Assist, Dynamic Tech, Cold Climate & Convenience Packs
22-05-2015 01:22am
Clip

(22-05-2015 01:22am)PantherX Wrote:  So I only picked up the car at 5pm yesterday but I've already had a bit of a play with this. Initial thoughts are that there's no sub because I dialled the 'sub' setting up to max and it didn't offer much additional bass at all. It was clear that the doors were providing more low end but not like what you'd get from a proper sub. I need to crawl around and see if I can see what's under the seats but I haven't had a chance to do that just yet.

The dealer is calling me today to see how everything is going so I'll be asking the question when I speak to them.
Good luck with your dealer, mine can't give me any answers. Hopeless. Be interesting to hear what yours says for sure.

Congrats on your purchase too, the Evoque is wonderful in every way, but especially on longer runs - it's awesome!
22-05-2015 08:07am
Kojak

(22-05-2015 01:22am)PantherX Wrote:  So I only picked up the car at 5pm yesterday but I've already had a bit of a play with this. Initial thoughts are that there's no sub because I dialled the 'sub' setting up to max and it didn't offer much additional bass at all. It was clear that the doors were providing more low end but not like what you'd get from a proper sub. I need to crawl around and see if I can see what's under the seats but I haven't had a chance to do that just yet.

I hope this is just misconception really.
Firstly, if subs aren't making their way to the car on a more regular basis (making these isolated cases) ....thats poor. I'd even suspect that during production someones decided their need is greater than yours! because inventory is well controlled these days and having too many subs on the shelf would eventually raise questions.

Secondly, as you both are from the same part of the world and suspect this as an issue, I wonder whether it is part of the spec for your region or not? and I guess you figure that it should be there. As you have the audio control for it and its not greyed out or anything it certainly sounds like you should have it.

thirdly, I couldn't help being drawn to 'proper sub' . The one in the Evoque adds subtle change. It's not like the ones the (mainly) younger generation slap in their boot t make everything disproportionate and bang and shake the cabin Shocked. Lets face it there isn't that much room under the seat for a start and of course the frequencies it caters for have to be in the source recording or you wont hear any difference at all.

Theres not an awful lot of tunes on commercial radio stations I listen to that put noticeable frequencies through the sub.

Good luck with the outcome guys keep us posted.

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
(This post was last modified: 23-05-2015 11:28am by Kojak.)
23-05-2015 07:40am
PantherX

(23-05-2015 07:40am)Kojak Wrote:  thirdly, I couldn't help being drawn to 'proper sub'

Thanks for the reply, Kojak. I guess all I meant by the comment was that it's a speaker that is distinctly different to those that are in the doors. I wouldn't expect it to be one that shakes the whole car around as those are generally very large boxes. Someone in the other thread said you should be able to feel it through the seats but my, albeit limited, testing hasn't been able to detect any difference when playing with the settings. The Australian spec sheet does specifically say "Audio system – 11 speaker including Subwoofer." The audio quality seems excellent in any case, so maybe I'm just overthinking it because I saw this thread! Confused

I have had a look under the seats to see what's there and there is so much stuff under there it's hard to know if it is present or not.

23-05-2015 08:14am
Clip

Thanks Kojak. Yes, I think it may be an Aussie thing. There is definitely nothing under my front seats, except air vents and carpet, and the power seat gear, and nothing under the carpet. There is plenty of bass from the 10 speaker system, with the door speakers working quite well, but there are tunes that I play that I know have a bass line that just doesn't get reproduced loud enough to hear at highway speeds. This is probably where the underseat unit (although small and not really in true sub territory as you rightly say), would help boost the volume level of the lower frequencies, taking some of the load off the door speakers.

I called in to speak with the dealer again, and got the expected response - nothing! After I respectfully expressed my displeasure, he will be checking again this week for me.
(This post was last modified: 23-05-2015 08:25am by Clip.)
23-05-2015 08:23am