Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My 'used' wait could be over, but...... (Opinions needed)
paulcon

RE: My 'used' wait could be over, but...... (Opinions needed)

Another month of searching later and my Santorini black with black SD4 5 door Dynamic with lux and privacy should be ready in a couple of weeks! (once DVLA have sat on the reg transfer)

Found it at a stealer in Hertfordshire. Oct '11 with 11k miles. That'll do me, especially as my A5's due its service, first MOT and would need a new full set of rubber in July.

RESULT!
(This post was last modified: 17-06-2012 09:48pm by paulcon.)
17-06-2012 09:42pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Craig_d1

(17-06-2012 09:42pm)paulcon Wrote:  Another month of searching later and my Santorini black with black SD4 5 door Dynamic with lux and privacy should be ready in a couple of weeks! (once DVLA have sat on the reg transfer)

Found it at a stealer in Hertfordshire. Oct '11 with 11k miles. That'll do me, especially as my A5's due its service, first MOT and would need a new full set of rubber in July.

RESULT!

And you got that for £40k?
17-06-2012 10:46pm
paulcon

It wasn't quite the deal I was looking for but finding that would be nigh on impossible with the current level of used demand, especially for cars including lux.

Factoring in the costs that were looming on my A5 I'm happy with the deal..... as long as they also include enough fuel to get me back to Shropshire and a LR teddy for my little boy Tongue Out
20-06-2012 01:22pm
WB
WB

(20-06-2012 01:22pm)paulcon Wrote:  It wasn't quite the deal I was looking for but finding that would be nigh on impossible with the current level of used demand, especially for cars including lux.

Factoring in the costs that were looming on my A5 I'm happy with the deal..... as long as they also include enough fuel to get me back to Shropshire and a LR teddy for my little boy Tongue Out

Don't let them get away with any less than a full tank! I'm sure you're paying handsomely for the car and they've probably made 2 sets of profit on it!
20-06-2012 05:00pm
paulcon

Appreciate your point about the full tank WB but when you've bled a deal dry getting a dealer to throw in a full tank can be surprisingly difficult.

That said, this is the only car deal I've ever walked away from without a tank full but when 2 lots of potential customers were circling my soon to be car I weakened.
...wonder if the customer circling was a carefully orchestrated dealer ploy ?! Shocked
(This post was last modified: 25-06-2012 01:19pm by paulcon.)
25-06-2012 01:16pm