Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Love and Hate Features
Nowaytk

RE: Love and Hate Features

Love The pano roof
Hate the fact it doesn't auto lock when you walk away, you either have to wait until the last person to get out & shut the door or if it's chucking it down use the fob.

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
24-04-2012 05:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gorjan

Don't like:

- The cheap plastic used on the glove box and lower parts of the cabin.
- Rattles from different locations when going over small bumps (cannot imagine how it will sound if going off-road).
- Only the driver's seat has height adjustment.
- Not great fuel consumption.
- Ambient lighting is a joke (too dim and it should have been put in more places. The main lights in the cabin should have been LED)
- The plastic on the back of the front seats doesn't go all the way to the bottom, leaving a cloth epised which will easily get dirty.
- When raining, opening the tailgate, will "shower" you will dirty water, which had collected on the tailgate.

Like:

- Overall comfort.
- Handling.
- Design (both exterior and interior).
- Meridian sound system (the 380 watts one).

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
(This post was last modified: 24-04-2012 08:39pm by Gorjan.)
24-04-2012 08:08pm
tash

Looks, handling, comfort, space, quietness, economy (ed4)

Dislike

Slow media system, clutch rest position, massive mirrors

Ed4 pure 5 door, Fuji, pan roof, tech pack, privacy, fog lights, style 6 wheels, ebony interior, delivery 22nd March
24-04-2012 08:57pm
smayo

Love - It's on order Very Happy
Hate - The wait Sad

I will have to wait to seriously comment until I've owned and run it for a while.

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
24-04-2012 10:00pm
PhilSkill

Love : The Style\Comfort\Drive
Hate : Cant use my 250GB HDD as USB Music locks up during playing and sometimes needs a full switch off to clear.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
24-04-2012 11:04pm
speary

(24-04-2012 12:59pm)pureevoque Wrote:  Why the hate Speary?

Being a diesel it just isnt smooth when restarting. Also I find that sometimes I am sat at the lights with the clutch in for longer than I would like just to stop the engine cutting out. Quite a few times it has stopped then the lights change immediatly so it has to restart. Also on a few occasions it has stopped and then a few seconds later it restarts itself. I am not a big fan as you can probably tell. Still I gave it a go for a month

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
25-04-2012 08:36am
PhilSkill

(25-04-2012 08:36am)speary Wrote:  Being a diesel it just isnt smooth when restarting. Also I find that sometimes I am sat at the lights with the clutch in for longer than I would like just to stop the engine cutting out. Quite a few times it has stopped then the lights change immediatly so it has to restart. Also on a few occasions it has stopped and then a few seconds later it restarts itself. I am not a big fan as you can probably tell. Still I gave it a go for a month

Yes it does affect your clutch actions, so if you know the lights will change very soon you do keep the clutch in longer than you would normally and so can feel you're ridng the clutch more than you'd like. But it is great in a Motorway traffic Jam where you're crawling a few feet and stopping constantly.

It's unclear how much fuel this has saved me really, I guess it adds up over time though.

I think the SD4 is reasonably smooth on restarting, you get a little kick but nothing much when you're busy selecting gear and pulling off, yes maybe a petrol can be smoother.

If you have the Dynamic Model selecting Dynamic mode turns it off automatically too.

Overall I'm glad I have Stop/Start, and I can turn it off on the odd occasion I feel it neccessary

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-04-2012 10:41am
Blackseries

LOVE .......

I have the Ambiance Ivory interior with panoramic roof and even on the greyist of days the lift I get when I open the Door still takes me by surprise ...... and that wonderful and overwhelming smell of leather – the interior is truly a sensory joy.

HATE....

...... not hate exactly but I would love another 3 inches rear legroom ...... let’s hope the Chinese demand a LWB version (a la 3 Series & A6) ... .... oh I can hear the groan ....plus the ability to order Dynamic exteriors with Prestige interiors.

BTW the comments re the ambient lighting .... I was wondering if it’s the Black interiors that are having the intensity problem because the system in my Ivory interior looks great .... and when I hit Dynamic mode button and all the interior goes Red my inner child goes.. Yeah!

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
25-04-2012 12:04pm
Sarcastrix

When you switch the cruise control on it shows your Co2 reading FFS, what's all that about I want to know the speed i'm doing!

(24-04-2012 01:41pm)The Valeter Wrote:  when you open the front doors when it is raining a loads of rain drops all inside from the roof side above the door!

Noticed that too (my Cooper S cab does that also) Banging Head

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
(This post was last modified: 25-04-2012 12:26pm by Sarcastrix.)
25-04-2012 12:23pm
pap

My only gripe Is the automatic wipers, seem to need to override them a lot, can be chucking It down and they take a while to come on.

Apart from that.....

I love It. Pano roof with grey Interior makes It so light and bright Inside.
Puddle lamps are a great gimmic, my mate was looking up to the sky to see where the light was coming from!!!! Made me chuckle.
Stop/start is good for me, sound system is great, rear park assist is great. Drives and handles beautifully.
I thought the heated seats would be a waste of time, how wrong I was! Very handy when It was cold
All In all I'm more than happy, wish I could have afforded more add ons or the next version up, but I'm not dwelling on that, just loving what I have.

Pure TD4, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus, Pano Roof, Front Fogs, Auto washers etc, power folding mirrors with puddle lamps.
25-04-2012 01:19pm