Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Landrover Website.
PhilSkill

RE: Landrover Website.

(19-02-2014 06:34am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Well I've just tried to build my new car on the UK one and it won't work from an iPad, the interior options just don't show and then you cannot get back to the previous page and on the exterior features section once you are in the option packs you cannot add them and close the window (at least on my ipad I couldn't see the X to close the option pack window). Sorry but if I hadn't already sampled an Evoque the clunkiness of the UK website on an iPad would put me off buying the car - in this day and age the internet is now the primary means for speccing a car as people don't want the hassle of going to a dealership and being either trampled in the rush of sales persons or totally ignored by sales persons. Nil pointes to LR iT team I'm afraid when people are looking to spend so much on a car the smooth and easy operation of the manufacturers website is probably 75% of the sales effort - if the website is crap potential customers look elsewhere. Sorry LR but it has to work well on all formats of web access these day not just on Windows8 or Safari.

I agree the configurator is not as good or clear as it was, but at least it's back. I managed to configure my car perfectly well on a Kindle Fire HD without issue.

Although it confirmed my suspicions to stay with what i've got, i'll put that extra monies aside incase I have a major failure once out of Warranty later this year! Like the dreaded DPF or the Evil driveline mass damper, but since mine is now rattle free, gTechniq'd and running very well i'll add that £5000 to the depreciation and i've got a pretty good amount of spare cash for repairs! And I keep the nice fade in Range Rover logos and bogey free front grill Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
19-02-2014 12:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tony

Having now got back in front of a full size PC rather than a tablet I have managed to get the configurator to work without problem.

Specced-up a Dynamic Lux SD4 auto, Firenze, black roof, mafia glass and spare wheel. Interestingly it did not charge for metallic paint, only Borrelo is listed as a £550 extra, further Active Drive Line was included as standard for the SD4. Sports pedal covers are now listed as an extra and engraved tread plates are an extra, no mention of the former standard illuminated tread plates. Five years servicing can be added at £499.

The e-brochure is still the old one 2013. We will be going into the dealer in a couple of weeks to see what their configurator can come up with.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 19-02-2014 05:05pm by Tony.)
19-02-2014 05:04pm
tarbat

Good to see the Active Driveline now being included on the SD4 - excellent.

(19-02-2014 05:04pm)Tony Wrote:  The e-brochure is still the old one 2013. We will be going into the dealer in a couple of weeks to see what their configurator can come up with.

I got the 2014 eBrochure okay from
http://www.landrover.com/content/gb/en/p...overEvoque

MY14 SD4 Pure Tech Auto/Coupe/Zanzibar/Pure Style Pack/Panoramic Roof/Power Tailgate
19-02-2014 06:00pm
Tony

Quote:
(19-02-2014 06:00pm)tarbat Wrote:  Good to see the Active Driveline now being included on the SD4 - excellent.

That is IF the configurator is correct!!

Quote:I got the 2014 eBrochure okay from
http://www.landrover.com/content/gb/en/p...overEvoque

Same as the one I have which the dealer sent me three weeks ago, 2014 model year, printed/published in 2013, so probable not up to date - but who knows!

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 19-02-2014 06:14pm by Tony.)
19-02-2014 06:05pm
PhilSkill

Never noticed the price... £307.08 for illuminated tread plates, and Dealer fit option. (under interior options / interior features)

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
19-02-2014 08:57pm
The Valeter

(19-02-2014 08:57pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Never noticed the price... £307.08 for illuminated tread plates, and Dealer fit option. (under interior options / interior features)

Total waste of money. I liked them on my Dynamic and wanted them on my Pure Tech, dealer offered me a good price for them but I still felt they were too dear and not bothered any more.

Out of principal no way would I pay £307 on a car that 2 years ago when I bought mine they were foc. Possibly it is a result of feedback though I suspect a Landrover Lightbulb moment came along as there became an excuse to charge for yet another extra - Please don't tell me BMW have bought LR again.

In all fairness to the customer if they have made that an option due to feedback then to compensate why not then add something that most do want in leu of?

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
20-02-2014 12:01am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tony

(19-02-2014 08:57pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Never noticed the price... £307.08 for illuminated tread plates, and Dealer fit option. (under interior options / interior features)

Phil,

Illuminated tread plates are listed as a £307.08 (.08p!!) extra on the Dynamic 5 door but not on the Dynamic Lux, do we therefore assume they are standard on the Lux?. I suspect LR have had some idiot graduate trainees working on the web site update, too busy 'ticking boxes and point scoreing' and not enough attention to doing the job 100%.

I would not pay £307 as an extra but it has been pointed out before they were standard on the Dynamic two years ago likewise the metal sports!! pedals. LR taking the p155 out of customers BMW style.

Tony

20-02-2014 09:54am
Stadt Panzer

Landrover Website.

They are standard on the dynamic. I should know because I got them in mine and I didn't go down the Lux pack route as it had stuff I didn't want or need.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
20-02-2014 07:30pm
Tony

(20-02-2014 07:30pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  They are standard on the dynamic. I should know because I got them in mine and I didn't go down the Lux pack route as it had stuff I didn't want or need.

Yes they were on the 2014 model year Dynamic I looked at three weeks ago but if the configutator is to be belived there may be more changes, 2014.5 model year may be? as the autos Si4 and SD4 now all show as having Active Driveline and metalic paint (except Borelo +£550) shows at no extra cost.

We are looking at the Lux as we don't want to load up a standard Dynamic with too many extras. Only thing the Lux has which we don't want is the TV - never get a reception up here and DAB is a waste of time!.

Tony

(This post was last modified: 20-02-2014 08:16pm by Tony.)
20-02-2014 08:16pm
PhilSkill

(20-02-2014 09:54am)Tony Wrote:  Phil,

Illuminated tread plates are listed as a £307.08 (.08p!!) extra on the Dynamic 5 door but not on the Dynamic Lux, do we therefore assume they are standard on the Lux?. I suspect LR have had some idiot graduate trainees working on the web site update, too busy 'ticking boxes and point scoreing' and not enough attention to doing the job 100%.

I would not pay £307 as an extra but it has been pointed out before they were standard on the Dynamic two years ago likewise the metal sports!! pedals. LR taking the p155 out of customers BMW style.

Tony

Yes I imagine it must be a Web site error, but to specify such a specific price!? And after all this time... or they are trying to keep the costs the same for the base options and dropping features rather than raising prices...?

I haven't downloaded the brochure, is it the same in there?

20-02-2014 08:45pm