Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Land Rover performance sub brand coming...
ApeelinZ

RE: Land Rover performance sub brand coming...

(13-12-2011 03:18am)BMW86 Wrote:  End of 2013? That seems too far away. I was hoping a maximum of 6 months or so. Might be better of buying now and trading-in in a couple of years.

I agree.
13-12-2011 07:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: Land Rover performance sub brand coming...

They are hardly going to introduce any new model variants in the middle of the model year. The last thing they will want to do is disrupt production now it has settled.

It will be interesting to see what changes they make for the 2013 model year - paint colours, trim options, reconfiguration of what's available where - all of which are quite easy to do. As for new engines/transmission, I will be surprised if we see anything so quickly, maybe a mid-life makeover after 3 - 4 years with an all-new Evoque 2 in about 6 years.

They will need that as by then, Porsche will be out with the Cajun which might be only a Q5 in drag but which will offer serious competition at the performance end of the range.

I think the Si4 exists mainly for markets where diesels are not acceptable (such as the US) and while more powerful than the SD4, it's quite a buzzy engine when you want to overtake something on an A-road.

I would certainly like to see a more sporting variant with more power and a harder ride with better controlled roll.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
13-12-2011 09:07pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply