Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LEGROOM!
testme2011

LEGROOM!

What are peoples thoughts on the rear leg room for the 5 Door version?

Are 2 adults comfortable to travel in the back?

Has anyone compared rear leg room to other cars for comparison?
ConfusedConfusedConfused
01-04-2011 08:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Firebird

RE: LEGROOM!

Door size is almost exactly the same as the RRS. There is a video on Youtube that show people sitting in the back as there appears to be plenty of room.

Cheers
01-04-2011 09:07pm
vision*R

No shortage of leg room. Even my brother-in-law, who was very sceptical at first, had to admit it is spaceous enough.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
01-04-2011 09:49pm
griff

Has anyone sat in the three door and could you give me an idea how easy, or not, it is to get in the back?

Head says 5 door and heart says 3. I don't fill up the car very often but I don't want friends doing their backs in to get in the rear of the extemely cool three door coupe.

Any assistance would be appreciated

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
02-04-2011 02:48pm
Blackseries

(02-04-2011 02:48pm)griff Wrote:  Has anyone sat in the three door and could you give me an idea how easy, or not, it is to get in the back?

Head says 5 door and heart says 3. I don't fill up the car very often but I don't want friends doing their backs in to get in the rear of the extemely cool three door coupe.

Any assistance would be appreciated

At both Paris & Geneva the battery was disconnected on the Coupes so the electric slide forward function wasn't working - so I don't know how far forward the front seat would go, they had left the seat in a half n half position so people could still sit in the front (just) and people could get in the back (just). However once in the back it was fine - like in the back of a 3 door Golf. Kids will be fine getting in and out - mature adults might struggle (Coupe).
(01-04-2011 08:03pm)testme2011 Wrote:  What are peoples thoughts on the rear leg room for the 5 Door version?

Has anyone compared rear leg room to other cars for comparison?
ConfusedConfusedConfused

Our Evoque is replacing a Golf Plus (the tall version of the Golf) and to be honest there is a little more room in the back of the Golf Plus than the Evoque. Rear leg room is important to us as we carry elderly relatives quite often - but just as important is rear seat access and this is where the Evoque scores over quite a few other cars we looked at. In the BMW X1, Audi Q5 and the Volvo V60 I couldn’t get my foot (size 10) between the front of back seat and the back of the front seat without twisting my foot (which my elderly relatives find hard to do) - in the Evoque I could. So for ease of access the Evoque is on a par with the new BMW X3 - but once in, leg room I would say is on a par with a regular Golf. So if you have two 6 ft rear passengers then those sitting in the front need to be sympathetic and pull forward an inch or two to make sure all are comfortable.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2011 06:22pm by Blackseries.)
02-04-2011 06:06pm
testme2011

Do you thinks telegraphs description is a bit harsh? They question wether this is a four seated at all...:S

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/car-...riven.html
03-04-2011 08:57am
Blackseries

(03-04-2011 08:57am)testme2011 Wrote:  Do you thinks telegraphs description is a bit harsh?

Yes, I think they are being a bit harsh. The car is quite specification specific. For example none of the 5 doors I've sat in has had the glass roof and only one of the Coupes - and for the one car that did it made a big difference to how you "felt" in the back. In reality there was very little extra headroom but the rear felt much more spacious. A couple of the 5 doors without the glass roof's had the black roof lining and those felt quite claustrophobic / cosy / sporty depending on your point of view and if the Telegraph’s car was one of those I can see how they might have come out with a comment like that. I think if you regularly carry 4 adults then you have to make a personal decision if this is the car for you. If it’s mainly 2 adults or 2 adults and 2 children then it should be fine. I always drive with my seat in the most far back position whatever car I'm in and there are very few cars that I don't feel the need to pull the seat forward a few inches when a large adult gets in the back - no great hardship – and this will be one of them.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
03-04-2011 10:25am
Kermit

(03-04-2011 10:25am)Blackseries Wrote:  A couple of the 5 doors without the glass roof's had the black roof lining and those felt quite claustrophobic / cosy / sporty depending on your point of view

The Dynamic has the dark roof lining, like Golf and Polo GTI's have. The Pure and Prestige have a light roof lining. This makes a big difference to how the interior is perceived.
04-04-2011 03:06am
vinda

(01-04-2011 08:03pm)testme2011 Wrote:  What are peoples thoughts on the rear leg room for the 5 Door version?

ConfusedConfusedConfused

Depends how tall they are really
11-07-2011 02:05am