Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LED TURN SIGNAL BULBS
LIONHEAD

RE: LED TURN SIGNAL BULBS

(16-07-2013 12:19pm)cutter7 Wrote:  Hi LIONHEAD,

See what you mean by being pricey! to ship 4 to the UK incl P+P is $208.96 or £142.81..Shocked

Wowzers! That's probably because custom's clearance, duty, freight forwarder fee and door delivery. Sorry to hear that.

(16-07-2013 10:21am)dynamicgirl Wrote:  Hey Lionhead, sounds like we are doing some similar things at the moment! Very Happy So far I have only changed my rear lights, but I have the tinted headlights ready to be fitted. Can I please advise you not to try and change your headlights using PowerfulUK's Youtube video? Seriously, I took my car down to my folks' place last week to have my Dad swap the lights over for me and it was a complete disaster! The video makes it look so easy, but there simply isn't enough room to get your lights out of there without scraping paint off your bumper and it's even more difficult trying to put the light back in again. Even using thick, fabric tape on the bumper, the light went right through it and lifted some paint from the edge of the bumper. There is no doubt about it, the bumper needs to come off and I don't want anyone else having the upset that I had last week, hence giving you this advice. My car will be going to the body shop to have the lights fitted and to have my front bumper fixed in the next week or so. I have calmed down a bit now, but I was not a happy bunny last week, Laughing.

I haven't tried to swap the fogs over, but I think when the bumper is off to fit your headlights, it would be much easier having access to the fogs from the rear. I can't wait to see your beautiful, stealthy Evoque with its darker elements in place! Cool Smile xx

Thanks for the info on the headlights. No wonder why I couldn't remove them when I was installing the LED turn signal bulbs for the headlights a few weeks ago. LOL. I did see the Powerfuluk's vid though. I think I'll just have my dealer install both. My car has the TSB L538 which is the kit for the intercooler and I believe the front bumper has to be removed to install the intercooler cover which would be an ideal time to install the headlights/foggies as the same time.

I am digging the new taillights though. Very Happy
[Image: cts1_zps07022ad9.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 16-07-2013 03:39pm by LIONHEAD.)
16-07-2013 03:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dynamicgirl

(16-07-2013 03:33pm)LIONHEAD Wrote:  Wowzers! That's probably because custom's clearance, duty, freight forwarder fee and door delivery. Sorry to hear that.

Thanks for the info on the headlights. No wonder why I couldn't remove them when I was installing the LED turn signal bulbs for the headlights a few weeks ago. LOL. I did see the Powerfuluk's vid though. I think I'll just have my dealer install both. My car has the TSB L538 which is the kit for the intercooler and I believe the front bumper has to be removed to install the intercooler cover which would be an ideal time to install the headlights/foggies as the same time.

I am digging the new taillights though. Very Happy
[Image: cts1_zps07022ad9.jpg]

You're most welcome, I wouldn't want any damage occurring to such a beautiful machine as yours, when it's totally avoidable. They make it look SO easy, but in reality, it's a pig of a job to do without removing the bumper. Best to get the dealer to sort it all out for you, as you say.

Oh YESSS! Looking way too cool for school with the Special Edition lights on CoolLaughing! Paula xx
16-07-2013 03:54pm
LIONHEAD

(16-07-2013 03:54pm)dynamicgirl Wrote:  You're most welcome, I wouldn't want any damage occurring to such a beautiful machine as yours, when it's totally avoidable. They make it look SO easy, but in reality, it's a pig of a job to do without removing the bumper. Best to get the dealer to sort it all out for you, as you say.

Oh YESSS! Looking way too cool for school with the Special Edition lights on CoolLaughing! Paula xx

Wuuurd! Very Happy Thud
(This post was last modified: 16-07-2013 04:34pm by LIONHEAD.)
16-07-2013 04:33pm
dynamicgirl

Laughing
16-07-2013 05:04pm
m_101

Those special edition lights actually do look awesome on your car.
I would want them for mine if they weren't so expensive!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
16-07-2013 11:58pm
LIONHEAD

(16-07-2013 05:04pm)dynamicgirl Wrote:  Laughing

So I made an appointment for next Wednesday to install the headlights/foggers at the same time as the tsb L538. Hopefully I'll beat you installing them. Ner Ner
(This post was last modified: 18-07-2013 03:51pm by LIONHEAD.)
18-07-2013 03:45pm
dynamicgirl

(18-07-2013 03:45pm)LIONHEAD Wrote:  So I made an appointment for next Wednesday to install the headlights/foggers at the same time as the tsb L538. Hopefully I'll beat you installing them. Ner Ner

Most excellent news, Lionhead! Very Happy You will definitely beat me to it, but this I don't mind at all, ..seeing as it's you, lol Laughing Can't wait to see the full ensemble. CoolVery Happy xx
18-07-2013 04:05pm
Rein

It is possible to change the fogs with the bumper on, but it is a pita, especially the side with the washerfluidcan. So was my experience when removing and reinstalling my darkened fogs. So if the bumper has to come off anyway, changing the fogs should be a doddle

Blacked-out Evoque Cool

Santorini black, 5dr, dynamic, SD4 auto
Mods: My Evoque Topic
18-07-2013 04:07pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LIONHEAD

(18-07-2013 04:07pm)Rein Wrote:  It is possible to change the fogs with the bumper on, but it is a pita, especially the side with the washerfluidcan. So was my experience when removing and reinstalling my darkened fogs. So if the bumper has to come off anyway, changing the fogs should be a doddle

Awesome...thanks for the info.

(18-07-2013 04:05pm)dynamicgirl Wrote:  Most excellent news, Lionhead! Very Happy You will definitely beat me to it, but this I don't mind at all, ..seeing as it's you, lol Laughing Can't wait to see the full ensemble. CoolVery Happy xx

LOLOL. I was just kidding around. Wink
(This post was last modified: 18-07-2013 05:15pm by LIONHEAD.)
18-07-2013 05:14pm
LIONHEAD

It's raining here today but here are some quick pics of the headlights and foglights from yesterday. Just a FYI...if you have a LHD Evoque, do not buy RHD adaptive xenon headlights and visa versa. The pin connector are the same but you will get an error message and also the headlights won't swivel.

[Image: hd1a_zps609ab215.jpg]
[Image: hd2_zps41669d46.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 26-07-2013 06:36pm by LIONHEAD.)
26-07-2013 06:35pm