Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Keyless entry and other gadgets.....
alibeau

Keyless entry and other gadgets.....

Although my Evoque has not arrived yet I am trying out some of the new RR gadgets on Mr alibeau's new RRS. This morning was our first frosty morning, we tried using the 'small black fob' to remotely heat the car up. Pressed the button on the fob once and the green light on the fob started flashing. Is it then supposed to turn off automatically? Is this 'remote heating' a feature on the Evoque? I am pretty sure the dealer said it is but can't find it in the brochure?

Re Keyless entry. With my current X5, I usually start the car up on a frosty morning, put heated seats on etc and then lock the car with my spare key. With keyless entry I don't suppose I will be able to do this? As I say we did try the 'remote heating' thing this morning but it didn't seem that effective so not sure if this would normally heat the car up sufficiently and I just hadn't left it on for long enough this morning?

Also Mr alibeau had a slight hiccup with his keyless entry recently. He approached his RRS with his keys in a sports bag. He opened the boot and put his sports bag in, contemplated getting the keys out of the bag but didn't. He then closed the boot and went round to the drivers door but the door was locked! He went back round to the boot to get his keys to have a fiddle and the boot was also locked, so his keys were locked inside the boot of the car!!! We had to go and rescue him with his spare set of keys! RR have said this should not have happened - doh!

Ali Smile
07-11-2011 10:03am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fam1x

RE: Keyless entry and other gadgets.....

Had the Keyless entry demo yesterday on an off road taining day. The trainer left key on the bonet of the car went to open the door and it wouldnt becuase it only works 3 feet away from the door.

He said the car will not automatically lock once you opened the door, however if you dont open the door then it automatically locks it. I guess thats what happend here, but doesnt explain why the boot was locked too. Possibly it thought as you didnt open the drivers door the it relock all the doors.

You have to touch the outside of the drivers door handle when you walk away from the car in order to lock, which sounds a bit rubbish. As I expected the car to automatically lock when the driver walks away after a set time limit.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
07-11-2011 11:03am
mark_n

It's part of modern immobilise logic that if the doors are not opened within a couple of minutes, the car will relock.

I got stranded in Germany when I opened the front luggage compartment of my 911, what I was looking for and then closed it leaving the keys inside. Because I hadn't opened a door, the car relocked and I was stuffed. Friday night, middle of nowhere, I had to get my neighbour (bless her) to fly out to Zurich to bring the spare set of keys...

With Keyless Go, the car is meant to detect the presence of the key inside the car and not then lock the doors.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
07-11-2011 11:33am
QUATTROMAN

(07-11-2011 11:33am)mark_n Wrote:  It's part of modern immobilise logic that if the doors are not opened within a couple of minutes, the car will relock.

I got stranded in Germany when I opened the front luggage compartment of my 911, what I was looking for and then closed it leaving the keys inside. Because I hadn't opened a door, the car relocked and I was stuffed. Friday night, middle of nowhere, I had to get my neighbour (bless her) to fly out to Zurich to bring the spare set of keys...

With Keyless Go, the car is meant to detect the presence of the key inside the car and not then lock the doors.
Mark, I am sure I am not the only one here who has been picked up on their grammer by your good self, however, I am sure, I will not be alone in congratulating you on your geography- its Sh**e man....Laughing

Fuji White 5 door Dynamic SD4 AUTO +LUX PACK + Adaptive Xenons -Built 22-12- 2011 - delivered 12-1-12
07-11-2011 07:14pm
The Valeter

(07-11-2011 11:33am)mark_n Wrote:  I got stranded in Germany when I opened the front luggage compartment of my 911, what I was looking for and then closed it leaving the keys inside. Because I hadn't opened a door, the car relocked and I was stuffed. Friday night, middle of nowhere, I had to get my neighbour (bless her) to fly out to Zurich to bring the spare set of keys...

Shocked Shocked An expensive error & a nice neighbour!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
07-11-2011 08:01pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Acwats

(07-11-2011 07:14pm)QUATTROMAN Wrote:  Mark, I am sure I am not the only one here who has been picked up on their grammer by your good self, however, I am sure, I will not be alone in congratulating you on your geography- its Sh**e man....Laughing

Maybe not - Zurich is only 20 miles from Germany - and on behalf of Mark - it's grammar Wink
I don't have keyless entry, but...

On cold mornings I can start my BMW 5 series up and return inside with the key having locked the car with the engine running.

The car could be driven away if you break a window and climb in but the engine will not restart once stopped.

I haven't tried it on the Evoque yet but will let you know.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2011 08:17pm by Acwats.)
07-11-2011 08:12pm
mark_n

Yes, I was at a fabulous hunting lodge high in the German Schwartzwald and the closest airport is Zurich which as everyone knows is in Switzerland. A brilliant neighbour, I gave her £500 for her trouble.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
07-11-2011 10:07pm
martinPL

(07-11-2011 11:33am)mark_n Wrote:  It's part of modern immobilise logic that if the doors are not opened within a couple of minutes, the car will relock.

Once I was unable to get the trunk locked in my S5. I just was beeping at me. I then realized I left the key in it. As soon as I removed it all locked properly. BTW - the rig was centrally locked and then I opened the trunk to get some stuff. Nicely done Audi. Hope the LR/RR setup will be as good.
07-11-2011 10:35pm
bell-auto-services

alibeau, The Evooque does not have "Remote park heating" in the UK unfortunately Sad

Regarding the keyless entry, If you close the boot via the powered tailgate button with the keys in the boot it will autmoaticlly reopen after a few seconds of sensing a key inside so you can not lock youy key in the car Smile

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2011 11:03pm by bell-auto-services.)
07-11-2011 11:02pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
alibeau

(07-11-2011 11:02pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  alibeau, The Evooque does not have "Remote park heating" in the UK unfortunately Sad

Hmmm think I must be getting confused (nothing new there!!) I was under the impression that this was something different to 'remote park heating'. When the dealer gave the small fob to hubby for his RRS I could have sworn he said that I would get one too. My Evoque (on order) is petrol and I thought RPH was only available on diesel models!?! I think I must be having a blonde moment, again.....

(07-11-2011 11:02pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  Regarding the keyless entry, If you close the boot via the powered tailgate button with the keys in the boot it will autmoaticlly reopen after a few seconds of sensing a key inside so you can not lock youy key in the car Smile

Pete

Hmmm again...... that is what *should* happen but somehow hubby's keys were indeed locked in his boot. I presume that the powered tailgate and keyless entry systems are the same on a new RRS as on the Evoque?! Dealer said it was 'a fault' Laughing You don't say! Laughing

Thanks for your reply Pete.

Ali.
08-11-2011 12:58pm