Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just noticed this feature??
HotLap

Fellow RRE owners, the built in hesitation is still driving me nuts but I may have found a (partial) solution. I always thought that when in Sport mode you had to manually shift using the paddle shifters. Today I inadvertently held the + paddle shifter in for a few seconds when in Sport mode, the display switched over from the individual gear readout to just the small "S" (where the "D" normally is when in normal Drive). The trans shifted automatically like in Drive, but it felt a bit more aggressive and some of that annoying hesitation appeared to be gone.

Please tell me I'm not imagining this as I really hate the lengthy lag upon accel in normal Drive mode?
Anyone notice this? Oh, this is a 2015 RRE Prestige with the dreaded 9 speed auto transmission...

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
20-08-2015 06:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Crustydaemon

RE: Just noticed this feature??

You need not use the paddle shifter, you can just turn gear knob to 'S' and if you do not touch the paddle shift, the gear change is automatic. But once you use paddle shifter whilst in 'S' mode its no more automatic. Yes it is fun to drive in 'S' mode much more responsive.
(This post was last modified: 20-08-2015 07:08pm by Crustydaemon.)
20-08-2015 07:06pm
HotLap

(20-08-2015 07:06pm)Crustydaemon Wrote:  You need not use the paddle shifter, you can just turn gear knob to 'S' and if you do not touch the paddle shift, the gear change is automatic. But once you use paddle shifter whilst in 'S' mode its no more automatic. Yes it is fun to drive in 'S' mode much more responsive.

Thx, CD for validating that, I had never noticed before, it does drive more spirited still hesitant/balky at slower speeds though (especially when running the AC). I think a small V6 with no turbo would have been a less hesitant, jerky engine for the RRE drivetrain...

20-08-2015 09:32pm
RacingSnake

Just further to this - it does the same in regular 'D' too.
Pulling the '+ paddle' for 3 seconds in either normal or sport returns the box back to 'auto'.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
21-08-2015 08:02am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DVFlyer

There is an option in the menu to change the function of the paddle shifters.

2014 Zanzibar Pure Premium. Black roof, black wheels, black interior.
21-08-2015 02:38pm
Sarcastrix

Having 'Bluefin'ed my 2.2D it's like driving in S all day long Very Happy

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
21-08-2015 05:56pm
HotLap

(21-08-2015 05:56pm)Sarcastrix Wrote:  Having 'Bluefin'ed my 2.2D it's like driving in S all day long Very Happy

Nice, I've started reading about tunes for the 2.0 gas turbo ECU, still worried about warranty, but the hesitation is driving me nuts. Spoils an otherwise great driving vehicle. if I don't get this sorted out eventually, going to trade it for something else. I enjoy driving a well sorted vehicle (not just transportation from point A to point B for me) and I can't stand a balky/hesitant driving experience. I find myself driving the 991 more now on errands just to avoid the awful hesitation and while fun, sometimes I'd rather drive the RRE, quiet, sit higher up, better for hauling stuff, etc.

22-08-2015 12:06am
Sarcastrix

That's why I got the Blufin, the hesitation in the 2.2D had almost got me 'killed' a few times. Since the upgrade the motor is perfect.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
25-08-2015 07:56am
borbor1313

I also have installed the bluefin tune and the hesitation is much better but still there in auto mode. None in sport mode . Main benefit is vast improvement in smoothness. Diesel chugging can no longer be heard in the car when driving so worth the spend on this point alone.
16-09-2015 01:35pm
markdartj

Just wondering, does driving in Sport mode affect the fuel economy?

2014 Fuji White Pure PremiumWink
03-10-2015 05:43am