Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just Ordered my Pure but still need opinions
andyuk

Just Ordered my Pure but still need opinions

Hi there i have just placed my order for a 5dr Pure TD4 in Red but i am still debating the interior colour. Personally i do not want Black so my choice is between the other 2. Am i right in thinking the Espresso just would not go with Red even though i like it so would the silver one be the choice?

Also i am thinking of the following option:-
20" Alloys
Panaramic Roof
Fog Lights

Any opionons? i am on a tight budget so cant just opt for every option but may be able to stretch to a couple more if need be.
23-07-2011 08:53am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stu

RE: Just Ordered my Pure but still need opinions

Been in a Evoque with a panoramic roof and I think it is a "must have". The rest I could take or leave but the roof makes a massive difference.
23-07-2011 09:12am
Daigriff

I think you have gone for the best options visually and will also help come sale time. I agree pan roof is a must as are the fogs.

I'd go for black interior personally but would have though that either of the light colours would go with red.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
23-07-2011 09:49am
andyuk

Opted for the Black interior in the end!

Now i am debating the following any thoughts?

SD4 instead of TD4
Privacy Glass
23-07-2011 03:20pm
cjfp

Privacy Glass - see other threads on this subject

SD4 v TD4 - as far as I can see it is 'do u have money for the extra bhp' - I have gone SD4

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
23-07-2011 04:08pm
Daigriff

(23-07-2011 03:20pm)andyuk Wrote:  Opted for the Black interior in the end!

SD4 instead of TD4
Privacy Glass

I've gone for both however personally wasn't bothered about privacy but wife and kids liked it, but felt the extra40 bhp of the SD4 worth the extra, but as has been said don't think there's much between them and it's also down to budget.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
23-07-2011 06:40pm
andyuk

(23-07-2011 06:40pm)Daigriff Wrote:  
(23-07-2011 03:20pm)andyuk Wrote:  Opted for the Black interior in the end!

SD4 instead of TD4
Privacy Glass

I've gone for both however personally wasn't bothered about privacy but wife and kids liked it, but felt the extra40 bhp of the SD4 worth the extra, but as has been said don't think there's much between them and it's also down to budget.

1.3 sec quicker 0-60 is a pretty big difference i would say I am just worried if i got the TD4 would i be wishing i went for a bit more power???
23-07-2011 11:08pm
Daigriff

1.3 sec quicker 0-60 is a pretty big difference i would say I am just worried if i got the TD4 would i be wishing i went for a bit more power???
[/quote]

I thought the extra cost was worth it, And I like the knowledge of having that extra power if needed.
It's also the newer engine I believe.

24-07-2011 07:28am
j7david

I'd go with the black interior. It looks great with red.

Privacy glass looks good, and didn't seem too dark when sitting inside (with panoramic roof)

The fog lights improve how it looks, a lot, I think. (Even if you'll probably only use them once every few years).

Personally I'm sticking with 18" alloys as the ride quality will be better.

The panoramic roof is fantastic (for the back seat passengers).

Other options? Xenon lights are a revelation if you do any night time driving (and you get the nice LED daytime lights too, if that matters to you).
24-07-2011 03:37pm
caroline11000

(24-07-2011 03:37pm)j7david Wrote:  I'd go with the black interior. It looks great with red.

Privacy glass looks good, and didn't seem too dark when sitting inside (with panoramic roof)

The fog lights improve how it looks, a lot, I think. (Even if you'll probably only use them once every few years).

Personally I'm sticking with 18" alloys as the ride quality will be better.

The panoramic roof is fantastic (for the back seat passengers).

Other options? Xenon lights are a revelation if you do any night time driving (and you get the nice LED daytime lights too, if that matters to you).
j7david, totally agree Very Happy

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
24-07-2011 07:08pm