Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
January Order Calling (Dealer Allocations)
ED209

RE: January Order Calling (Dealer Allocations)

(02-01-2012 12:25pm)Ray Parlour Wrote:  Hmmm. Mine is due to be built mid-Jan for an end of Jan delivery. I tried to change the spec slightly before Christmas only to be told that they were committed.

(02-01-2012 12:36pm)Evo-king Wrote:  You have a short period of time between moving from the holding pool until Build COMMIT, once at commit you cannot change.

I'm off to my dealer tomorrow to finalise as the decided to close on Saturday.

Shouldnt be a problem for me, dealer was given spec six months ago and i have no inention to change it.
02-01-2012 12:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Daglass

(02-01-2012 01:59am)The Valeter Wrote:  When did you order & when are you supposed to be getting your car?

Order was made in September, spec confirmed early October.
I was told then to expect delivery in February, since then I've heard nothing.

Pure 5 Door, SD4, Orkney Grey, Pano Roof, Style 6 Alloys, Front Sensors, Rear Camera, Fogs, Tailgate
Ordered - October 15 2011
Built - March 30 2012
Delivery - April 18 2012
Sold - December 24 2014
02-01-2012 12:49pm
The Valeter

(02-01-2012 12:49pm)Daglass Wrote:  Order was made in September, spec confirmed early October.
I was told then to expect delivery in February, since then I've heard nothing.

Similar to me then as I ordered on the 1st of October for 1st of March delivery & have heard nothing other than when I have rang the dealer just to ask if there were any issues plus alter spec but they told me all seems ok so I will wait"n"see.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
02-01-2012 12:57pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PAT

My deposit was paid in mid-August and I've been sat in the holding pool since.

The last update that I had, that was of any use, was that I was 17th in their holding pool at the end of October so I'm fully expecting to hear some good news soon.

If not I'll be asking for a full explanation as I was originally told to expect delivery in December, then it was moved to January once my deposit was placed.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
02-01-2012 01:03pm
LDT

Received an email from my dealer today with an estimated build date of 3-5th February. He will be in touch again in about a week with a firm build date. Smile

Could I have views as to whether I should delay collection until March from a financial perspective (not bothered about the plate). Even though I can't wait to get the car, if a March registration makes a big difference I would be silly to take delivery in Feb.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
03-01-2012 12:57pm
Ray Parlour

(03-01-2012 12:57pm)LDT Wrote:  Received an email from my dealer today with an estimated build date of 3-5th February. He will be in touch again in about a week with a firm build date. Smile

Could I have views as to whether I should delay collection until March from a financial perspective (not bothered about the plate). Even though I can't wait to get the car, if a March registration makes a big difference I would be silly to take delivery in Feb.
I'd definitely wait. Mine arrives at the dealer at the end of January and I don't intend to collect it until March 1st. Delayed gratification and all that.

5dr Pure SD4 Auto, Tech Pack, Front Fog lights, Indus + Ebony
03-01-2012 01:32pm
garryforrestuk

Ray can i ask when did you order with deposit.

DYNAMIC SD4 AUTO 5 DOOR WITH COUPE BONNET VENTS, FRONT GRILL BADGE, CHROME LETTERING, SILVER ROOF RAILS.
03-01-2012 01:50pm
Ray Parlour

(03-01-2012 01:50pm)garryforrestuk Wrote:  Ray can i ask when did you order with deposit.
16th September

5dr Pure SD4 Auto, Tech Pack, Front Fog lights, Indus + Ebony
03-01-2012 02:15pm