Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Its arrived
SiT

RE: Its arrived

(15-03-2012 01:50pm)speary Wrote:  Picking it up Friday afternoon. woo hooooo!!!! Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
As a bonus the dealer had ordered Adaptive Xenons rather than just Xenons by mistake

Did you get it today..?

Hope you did and are really enjoying it Twisted Evil
16-03-2012 10:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

Got it Friday at 17:00
Good handover from knowlegable salesman (John Ryan at Williams landrover Manchester). It took about 30 - 40 mins. After that I just wanted to go and drive.
On initial inspection over the weekend I can see no paint defects or trim defects.
The whole car is brilliant as is well worth the wait.
It will take a while for me to adjust to the driving position as I have come from an Audi A5 with quite a low position.
Took my daughter for a spin on some nice country roads near me and she persuaded me to take a rough track off road that she uses when riding her horse. It was brilliant fun although I ended up giving it its first wash on Saturday evening. Flippin 19" style 5 wheels are a bug£er to clean, but worth it.

Getting Tracker fitted this thursday.

Supprisingly the insurance group is 32. My A5 was 25 but a quicker more sporty car. Looks like it might cost me about £150 per year more plus a higher excess because it is a 4x4, go figure.
I'm off now to drive home from Manchester city centre. Never thought I would enjoy that Very Happy

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
19-03-2012 06:29pm
Straydox

(19-03-2012 06:29pm)speary Wrote:  Got it Friday at 17:00
Good handover from knowlegable salesman (John Ryan at Williams landrover Manchester). It took about 30 - 40 mins. After that I just wanted to go and drive.
On initial inspection over the weekend I can see no paint defects or trim defects.
The whole car is brilliant as is well worth the wait.
It will take a while for me to adjust to the driving position as I have come from an Audi A5 with quite a low position.
Took my daughter for a spin on some nice country roads near me and she persuaded me to take a rough track off road that she uses when riding her horse. It was brilliant fun although I ended up giving it its first wash on Saturday evening. Flippin 19" style 5 wheels are a bug£er to clean, but worth it.

Getting Tracker fitted this thursday.

Supprisingly the insurance group is 32. My A5 was 25 but a quicker more sporty car. Looks like it might cost me about £150 per year more plus a higher excess because it is a 4x4, go figure.
I'm off now to drive home from Manchester city centre. Never thought I would enjoy that Very Happy

Congrats Speary - you have waited long enough. I'

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
19-03-2012 06:45pm
THEMACS

Great Stuff!!

John was our sales Guy, has been fantastic throughout and spent appx 1 & 3/4 hours with us Saturday of which about an hour was showing us round the car etc. I would recommend him and WIlliams Manchester to anybody!

I too give it a thorough once over before we left it was and is Perfect!!Very Happy

Those style 5 wheels are great and look fab, will be cleaning her this weekend having just ordered a load of Gtechniq gear today, to go with the shed full of other car cleaners I have acquired over the years! I am a sucker for them!!

I even tried buying some Return To Invoice insurance off them but was told they don't get involved in that type of stuff now, so will try LR Direct.

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
19-03-2012 09:26pm