Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Coupe and rear passenger height
Coolbanana

Coupe and rear passenger height

Hi Everyone,

Now that some of you have lived with a Coupe for a bit, has anyone had any 6ft + passengers sit in the back and, if so, how did they find it?

I ask because my stepson is 6ft 1in now (14yrs old) and he was my only concern when opting for the Coupe.
In my usual impulsiveness, I've chosen a Coupe without him being present to try it!

I'm only 5ft 6in tall so my seat will be further forward than most! Laughing

Cheers,
Stu
11-12-2011 07:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ytshome

RE: Coupe and rear passenger height

Hi there,mCheck out youtube and in particular the Fifth gear revue of the Evoque. I remember Johnny (who is well over 6ft sitting in the back and saying he had loads of room. YT

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
11-12-2011 07:50pm
Coolbanana

(11-12-2011 07:50pm)ytshome Wrote:  Hi there,mCheck out youtube and in particular the Fifth gear revue of the Evoque. I remember Johnny (who is well over 6ft sitting in the back and saying he had loads of room. YT

Cool, thanks Thumbs Up
11-12-2011 07:55pm
caroline11000

I have the 5 door and my dad is 6ft and can sit in the back with inches to spare in headroom......... I do have pano roof though which gives a bit more height when the blind is open. Legroom wise was also ok but I am 5ft 6in so like you my seat was not right back. On the launch day I did see some tall guys sitting in the back of the coupe with ease, but that was for a few minutes and not on a drive.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
11-12-2011 07:56pm
Coolbanana

(11-12-2011 07:56pm)caroline11000 Wrote:  I have the 5 door and my dad is 6ft and can sit in the back with inches to spare in headroom......... I do have pano roof though which gives a bit more height when the blind is open. Legroom wise was also ok but I am 5ft 6in so like you my seat was not right back. On the launch day I did see some tall guys sitting in the back of the coupe with ease, but that was for a few minutes and not on a drive.

Thanks Smile

Looks like it'll be fine...New Year means the annual trip to the in-laws in Belgium so that'll truly test the space...
11-12-2011 08:54pm