Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Issue with phonebook - listing only numbers labeled as 'work'.
moofish

Issue with phonebook - listing only numbers labeled as 'work'.

I have an ATT cell phone - basic model and not on the list of 'compatible' cell phones. The issue is the Evoque will only display phone numbers from my cell if they are listed in my cell phone as 'work'. Everything works fine - calls can be made out, received, my signal and battery strength also display. I've had this issue since we got the Evoque in May, 2012. Not a big issue, but I do find it at bit strange. I've deleted and paired the phone to the Evoque, the Evoque to the phone, made sure the phone numbers are stored in the phone memory and not the SIM Card, etc. Anyone else have this anomaly or have any suggestions? I haven't contacted my LR dealer about this because it is not a compatible phone and I'm afraid that would be their answer - may still give it a shot if all else fails.
04-02-2013 12:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scrannel

RE: Issue with phonebook - listing only numbers labeled as 'work'.

When you first pair the phone with the car do you get a request to allow your phone book to be downloaded to car? Obviously, select yes (and "always" if avail). I have a Motorola Defy, an android phone with T-Mo, also not on the LR list. But everything seems to work flawlessly. My car is a 2013 and the software/firmware may be different.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
04-02-2013 10:38pm
moofish

(04-02-2013 10:38pm)scrannel Wrote:  When you first pair the phone with the car do you get a request to allow your phone book to be downloaded to car? Obviously, select yes (and "always" if avail). I have a Motorola Defy, an android phone with T-Mo, also not on the LR list. But everything seems to work flawlessly. My car is a 2013 and the software/firmware may be different.

No request is made by my phone. However, any entry in my phone that labeled as 'work', automatically downloads to the car once the phone connects. ???
05-02-2013 02:05am
goldenboi79

Sounds like a limitation of your phone. If it is a 'basic' model, it is probable that it is not fully compliant with the standards used by smart phones, and when the Evoque asks for a copy of the download of the phonebook, it is only providing numbers labelled work. Time to update your phone?

2013 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Prestige: 5 Door, Santorini Black, Tan Interior, Cold Weather Package, Park Assist, 20" Style 6 Wheels.

Build date: 21 August 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
05-02-2013 06:57am
moofish

(05-02-2013 06:57am)goldenboi79 Wrote:  Sounds like a limitation of your phone. If it is a 'basic' model, it is probable that it is not fully compliant with the standards used by smart phones, and when the Evoque asks for a copy of the download of the phonebook, it is only providing numbers labelled work. Time to update your phone?

Yeah, you're probably right. My phone is definitely not a smart phone.
05-02-2013 11:31am