Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is the Front Screen Heated on the Pure model?
fam1x

Is the Front Screen Heated on the Pure model?

wasnt able to see anywhere if the windscreen on the Pure model was heated or not?

Wondering if anyone with a Pure can confirm that please ? Are you able to see the lines in the screen?

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/rr/range-...er-evoque/

Mentions Rear Heated Screen but not the front!!!

Thanks

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
15-11-2011 02:04am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Is the Front Screen Heated on the Pure model?

not as std, but yes if u buy the tech pack.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
15-11-2011 07:00am
Acwats

Not on my Pure. I had this in 1996 on a Mondeo and didn't like it. The lines aren't visible during the day but at night they distorted oncoming headlights into 2 diagonal crosses.

The bit I was annoyed about was the lack of heated washer jets on the Pure. They are only available with the tech pack, not sure what the link to "tech" for this safety item is and the response from LR was unconvincing, I think they said "tough" Evil

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
(This post was last modified: 15-11-2011 07:51am by Acwats.)
15-11-2011 07:51am
bluebear

My car has the tech pack and I haven't noticed the lines in mine and drove over 100 miles on Sunday night.

Collected - Pure Coupe SD4 Tech Auto, fuji with Almond/Expresso interior. Style 5 19" alloys, panoramic roof, xenons, privacy glass, electric adjustment exterior mirrors, rear camera, park assist, fog lamps, spare wheel
15-11-2011 07:56am
fam1x

Thanks guys it looks like its availble on the Prestige model, I noticed that the other day on one.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
15-11-2011 09:37am
J77

It annoys me that some things can't be added to the pure without spending a fortune on a whole pack. Hopefully on future MYs they add different packs like on the other models, cold climate pack, design pack, bright pack etc that are only a few hundred quid rather than thousands.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
15-11-2011 09:11pm
fam1x

I looked through the options again and if you look at "Find out more " on the tech pack for the Pure it states "Windscreen - Heated " "Windscreen Washers -Heated"

16-11-2011 12:25am
Acwats

(16-11-2011 12:25am)fam1x Wrote:  I looked through the options again and if you look at "Find out more " on the tech pack for the Pure it states "Windscreen - Heated " "Windscreen Washers -Heated"

correct but why do I ave to buy a satnav (which is fairly crude compared to one in my BMW) to get them?

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
(This post was last modified: 16-11-2011 07:52am by Acwats.)
16-11-2011 07:51am
chiggy

I don't think the Tech Pack includes Sat Nav.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
16-11-2011 08:18am
forest172

(16-11-2011 07:51am)Acwats Wrote:  correct but why do I ave to buy a satnav (which is fairly crude compared to one in my BMW) to get them?

Your correct, no other way to get heated screen bar buying tech pack which includes sat nav. My dealer emailed lr to see if i could have it separate and it was a big no.

Evoque PURE sd4 auto
Disco 4 GS gone
Toy 1 - Focus RS mk2
Toy 2 - Evo Xrs in the garage as my avatar
16-11-2011 08:45am