Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Interior Colour Decision
WB
WB

RE: Interior Colour Decision

One other thing to add is that I thought the black interior with the Pano roof felt very different and much less "dark" in daylight to the black without Pano.
22-09-2011 10:23am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

I went the black as I got the pan roof. I have had light colour interiors before, and found as long as the carpets were dark it was fairly easy to keep clean.

In Australia the light colour attracts less heat (you can almost get burnt on black leather left in the sun for long enough) but having said that I like the look of the black against Fiji white

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
22-09-2011 10:42am
blacktrees1

(22-09-2011 09:50am)Daigriff Wrote:  
(21-09-2011 07:08pm)blacktrees1 Wrote:  Yeah, can't disagree ... I have a four year old daughter so the practicality may need to play a part in my decision

I think you have your answer there. I think practicality will have to win in the end unless you are prepared to do a lot of valetingShocked

My girls are 16 & 19 so have gone for ambience but if they had been 6&3 I would definitley go for the dark leather.

I think the vibe interior will look great with OG especially as you have specced the pano roof which will let more light in.

Whatever your choice its going to look great anyway.SmileSmile

Yeah, I think you are right ... I used to pamper my lovely cars inside and out each week and could easily keep a light interior looking showroom standard....Nowadays ... well let's put it this way I haven't hand cleaned any car personally since my 4 year old was born.... time is not a luxury I have anymore

could be a practicality 1 heart/desires 0 result
(22-09-2011 10:23am)wbessada Wrote:  One other thing to add is that I thought the black interior with the Pano roof felt very different and much less "dark" in daylight to the black without Pano.

Yes, it does make a huge difference, especially with the ivory headlining
(22-09-2011 10:23am)Blackseries Wrote:  
(21-09-2011 01:40pm)blacktrees1 Wrote:  My concern is the brown leather topped dash and brown 'plastic' door trims.....Not sure they really go with OG.

My local dealer has one and you are right it doesn't look quite right (to my eyes). I think if your car is being built in December I would go for the Element interior with Cirrus headlining - if you were going for a light interior with OG.

Anybody got pictures of element or know any dealers with one to see?

Delivered : SD4 Prestige / LUX / 5 Door / Manual / Orkney Grey / Vibe / Privacy / Style 7 Shadow Chrome / Ordered April 2011 / Built 9th Jan / Delivered 18th Jan Smile
(This post was last modified: 22-09-2011 01:21pm by blacktrees1.)
22-09-2011 01:19pm
Urban Splash

Cool greys, black headlining and exposed metal are 'kool' these days. Just my opinion of course, but black is boring, and beige is 'old man in a jag'. Smile

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
(This post was last modified: 22-09-2011 02:40pm by Urban Splash.)
22-09-2011 02:38pm
berlin2011

(22-09-2011 01:19pm)blacktrees1 Wrote:  Anybody got pictures of element or know any dealers with one to see?

Have a look at this video - Danish I think… but really good footage of Element interior with pan roof and ebony headlining (also coupe so gt to see two backseats). I went for element after seeing this.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
22-09-2011 07:04pm
Blackseries

(22-09-2011 01:19pm)blacktrees1 Wrote:  Anybody got pictures of element or know any dealers with one to see?

My dealer had a Buckingham Blue with Element ..... but it was a customer car so I assume it’s gone by now.

Maybe we should set up a database of what dealer has what demo / showroom car so if we want to see something non standard we know where to look. My local dealer had a Sumatra Black Dynamic with a silver roof and Pursuit interior delivered today as I was passing ..... I'm sure the owner will love it but to me it looked a bit of a dogs breakfast......

Element interior photos....

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 22-09-2011 11:10pm by Blackseries.)
22-09-2011 08:15pm
PhilSkill

[/quote]
Element interior photos....
[/quote]

Nice... but too bright for me and looks like a cleaning nightmare Shocked... No indigo jeans on those seats!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
22-09-2011 08:29pm
THEMACS

We have ordered The Vibe/Black interior, but after seeing those pics, I think I will change to this with an Ebony Headliner, it looks good, we do have a 3 year old but think it will be ok, Leather Wipes easy enough!!!

Will a colour like that wear as well a the black, I sometimes think black can show more scuffs up, maybe I am wrong.

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
22-09-2011 10:26pm
Spiderman

This colour will be classically perfect THEMACS as you have a 3 yr old use the baby wipes on the leather as these are a trick of the trade...grey is much better than black at hiding scuffs/marks etc...and the nice thing about this interior is that it's two tone, dark and light grey and with the black or aluminium dash strip it is a beautiful combo and I am very much looking forward to seeing my wife's Evoque when it arrives in December...as she has ordered a SD4 5 Door Prestige in Orkney Grey with a Black Panoramic Roof and the Element interior and after trying the 2 suspensions she has opted wisely to include the AD set-up.

Enjoy your toy when it arrives, I am really enjoying mine!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 23-09-2011 11:36am by Spiderman.)
23-09-2011 01:03am
THEMACS

Many Thanks Spiderman.

It looks very Pale Grey almost Silvery, is that right??

Hope you are enjoying your Evoque!!Very Happy

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
23-09-2011 08:07am