Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Insurance, extras and the pano roof
SEC

Hi, about 6 weeks out so i have been thinking about insurance.
My current car is with Shannon's, the wife's Peugeot with GIO.
Quotes I've had so far are struggling with the extras I added in and there is the question of the pano roof - can this be really classd as a sunroof ?

Anyone got a great deal out there ?

Pure, SD4, Fuji White, 5 Door, Ebony Leather, Pano Roof, Reverse Camera , Clearview, Pure Tech and Cold Climate packs, Privacy Glass, Rear Vents.

Delivered 21 September 2012 and the damn thing wont stop rattling ................
11-08-2012 12:03am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
andrewcui

RE: Insurance, extras and the pano roof

I went with GIO.. their price was decent and they do the new for old... agreed value... choose your own repairer etc etc

I think i'm paying just under 1200... 30yo male inner suburbs melbourne.. no garage... alot of the other quotes came in around 1800-2500 for me.

I just picked sunroof in the policy... i know some of the insurance companies do have pano roof as an extra..

Arrived: SD4 Dynamic, Auto, Black in and out, Style 6 rims, Pano roof, Reverse camera, Privacy glass
11-08-2012 12:55am
Jai

I am 29 in WA with 1 theft in the past 3 years and with some excess adjustment my premium with AAMI is $780 for $92k full comp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-08-2012 01:24am
missevoque

I've started looking too, Sec and being in sydney my quotes are nowhere close to andrew's or jai's... I'm closer to $2k for 32yo female agreed value.

Pure SD4 Auto Fuji White
Tech Pack, Clearview Pack, pano roof, electric tailgate, etc etc
Built June 12, 2012.... Arrived in Sydney August 1st.... The countdown to delivery is on!
11-08-2012 12:50pm
Barneyridge

I have mine with CGU, and they had all the options when I called them. When I got mine a lot of companies did not even have the Evoque on their systems. Missevoque I pay just over $1,600 with market value, as the car is replaced new for old for the first 2 years.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
12-08-2012 01:15am
missevoque

I've done so many online quotes with all the companies listed here and I can't get below $1800. I've never had a accident too!
I'm also having issues w the options... Seems the max agreed value doesn't take 2 packs + any other option into account!

Pure SD4 Auto Fuji White
Built June 12, 2012.... Arrived in Sydney August 1st.... The countdown to delivery is on!
12-08-2012 10:40am
Jai

What does an aami online quote say? I up the excess to reduce premium too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-08-2012 11:21am
DefLeppard

Im with Buzz - for $600 . however they are going out of business... ($500 excess)
Im planning on swapping to Progressiveonline once my current policy expires - $670 - however for those of you looking to insure from new - progressive max agreed value doesnt seem to go high enough (will be fine for my car once its a year old)

Next cheapest for me was AAMI at $980

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
12-08-2012 02:09pm
SEC

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Like some of you, I'm running into problems with getting the car spec covered for what I actually paid for it.

Maybe I'm declaring too many extras but I doubt that I could get to my purchase price without doing so.
So far both GIO and Suncorp have declined to cover for the full price, claiming too many extras.

I've escalated this higher in those companies as it seems such an error.

Will let you know if things improve.

Pure, SD4, Fuji White, 5 Door, Ebony Leather, Pano Roof, Reverse Camera , Clearview, Pure Tech and Cold Climate packs, Privacy Glass, Rear Vents.

Delivered 21 September 2012 and the damn thing wont stop rattling ................
13-08-2012 04:03am
missevoque

I ended up going with NRMA. It was ~$1400 but would cover me for the full cost of the car.
AAMI was cheaper, but I couldn't get the max value up high enough and/or put all the extras on the policy so if something had happened in the future, I would've been in for a fight to get the car replaced with the same specs.
Good luck Sec!

Pure SD4 Auto Fuji White
13-08-2012 08:46am