Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Insurance
Bodlyfunctions

Insurance

I have just changed my wheels from the 18's to the style 6 20's and rang my insurance company.
They have told me they won't insure such a modification!!! How does that work?
They also tried to tell me that I should have notified them about the privacy glass as it is not 'standard'.
Surely this and my fog lights etc were factory fitted and made up part of the value they were supposed to be insuring me for? Can anyone help please?
20-08-2012 06:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Griff449

RE: Insurance

If factory fitted it should be insured..............

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
20-08-2012 07:03pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bodlyfunctions

That's what I said but he was having none of it. Will give them another call in the morning. Any idea about why they won't insure me with the style 6's?
20-08-2012 10:24pm
Tony

(20-08-2012 10:24pm)Bodlyfunctions Wrote:  That's what I said but he was having none of it. Will give them another call in the morning. Any idea about why they won't insure me with the style 6's?

Interesting, I am about to buy a set of genuine Evoque 18's for winter tyres and will store my style 6 20's, maybe I should check with my insurer - LR.

Who are you insured with?

These robbers will do anything to avoid paying out these days.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
20-08-2012 11:26pm
Bodlyfunctions

Tony, I am with Allianz via One Quote Direct. I spoke LR insurance last night and they said it should make. I difference if you are not asking to increase the insured sum. I am going to contact Allianz directly today. Really not convinced that the broker relayed the message correctly to the underwriter
21-08-2012 07:07am
IKM

(20-08-2012 11:26pm)Tony Wrote:  Interesting, I am about to buy a set of genuine Evoque 18's for winter tyres and will store my style 6 20's, maybe I should check with my insurer - LR.

Who are you insured with?

These robbers will do anything to avoid paying out these days.

Tony

Tony, I've done the same for winter (replacing my style 5). My broker stated that I may have an issue with insurance, but I'll face up to that at the time. I'd rather be safe in winter, and will change my insurance company if necessary. I despair about the UK.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
21-08-2012 10:09am
Tony

(21-08-2012 10:09am)IKM Wrote:  Tony, I've done the same for winter (replacing my style 5). My broker stated that I may have an issue with insurance, but I'll face up to that at the time. I'd rather be safe in winter, and will change my insurance company if necessary. I despair about the UK.

Well I may now not be needing the winter wheels as I am seriousley thinking of getting rid of this pile of junk. Just six weeks after having the alternator replaced I am this morning getting 'LOW BATTERY' warning again. Enough is enough, 3.7k miles on the clock and 1k of that is to and from the dealer with faults.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
21-08-2012 12:40pm
vinda

(21-08-2012 12:40pm)Tony Wrote:  Well I may now not be needing the winter wheels as I am seriousley thinking of getting rid of this pile of junk. Just six weeks after having the alternator replaced I am this morning getting 'LOW BATTERY' warning again. Enough is enough, 3.7k miles on the clock and 1k of that is to and from the dealer with faults.

Tony

How much
22-08-2012 12:25am
Bodlyfunctions

Well had to cancel my insurance and move it to LR. Allianz did everything in their powers to not cover me for my style 6's. Their questions were ridiculous:
1. Where we're the wheels fitted
2. What was the reg of the donor vehicle
3. Can I prove they are genuine OEM wheels

Ultimately they still said no because 'the risk was too high'.
So they will insure a £30k+ car but not if you upgrade your wheels!!!
Be warned anyone insured by Allianz
22-08-2012 12:37am
Griff449

Strange I've just ensured with them via Ensligh!

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
22-08-2012 07:41am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply