Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Increase the bhp?
GibEvoque

RE: Increase the bhp?

You can go for an option like superchips bluefin, which saves original map on the car, and then you can swap between the performance map and the original. I am going for the Si4 which is the ford ecoboost, will go for this option once warranty expires which only 2 years here in Gib Sad

This would likely take the engine to 270 - 280bhp, but with an uprated exhaust, intercooler and induction kit, would be closer to 300bhp. I guess this is what someone like KAHN will do with the Cosworth conversion.
30-08-2011 12:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bell-auto-services

RE: Increase the bhp?

The diesel version Evoque uses a Bosch EDC17 ecu where as the petrol varients use a Bosch MED17 ecu, both of which have at least TP6 or tuning protect v6 in English which means the plug and play map swapping units are going to be very few and far between due to the complex ecu structure.

Most EDC and MED17 ecus are still a bench program method untill a better workaround of the TP is made and understood fully, of coruse Mr Bosch wont help us crack his system lol.

Bench tuning is looking good already as the protection and security can be passed with ease in "Boot strap mode" and for sure it will give more power and for those who have a 150bhp car it will give you the missing but to catch up to the 190's Laughing

More later on my progress though i know and appreciate most people wont tune there cars as they are to new etc etc. though Ill personally take mine apart on the first day i get it lol.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 31-08-2011 11:22pm by bell-auto-services.)
31-08-2011 11:20pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply