Poll: If your only engine choice was Si4 would you still have bought an Evoque?
Absolutely!
Not a chance!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
If the SI4 was your only choice ........
SW6RR

If the SI4 was your only choice ........

I am the first to admit that I occasionally take an odd (and stubborn!) point of view... But it's a range rover. Diesel. 4 doors. End of.

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
02-10-2011 06:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
crown62

RE: If the SI4 was your only choice ........

If it had been diesel only, I would have looked else where. Petrol only for me.
Land Rover, yes diesel, thats the the workhorse engine you need, but this is a Range Rover and a sporty one at that, so for that blast when you fancy it a petrol turbo is in order!

Current : 2012 Si4 Firenze red Dynamic 5 door black pano roof
Lotus 2013 Elise S3
2014 Hyundai i10
For 2016 ?
02-10-2011 09:08pm
Evoqess

Interesting stuff. I've discovered the majority of you would still go for the Si4 Evoque, despite the heftier gas prices in Europe. That says a lot.

I'm also quite amazed to hear that the Prestige can't be mated to an Si4! That's tough. Some of us deserve luxury and engine choice. Amazed at how LR come to these decisions in the first place actually.

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
02-10-2011 10:39pm
mark_n

These things tend to be set in stone for the model year but it will be interesting to see what changes there are for MY 2013, which slow selling colours and interiors will go and whether they will abandon the Pure/Prestige/Dynamic distinction.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
03-10-2011 03:59am
Barneyridge

This will be the first diesel for me. Over here diesel is still a novelty some what, but gaining traction. Rememeber we come from the land of v8's (say the VRX8 in the UK). There is a perception that a diesel is slow and loud. I drove a golf and also a freelander sd4 and was impressed with the modern diesel. My family has a cruiser with a couple of 250 hp turbo diesel'sl and the sound and smell of the Volvo pentas is a bit off putting. If si4 was the only choice would still buy the evoque but I am looking forward to ownership and driving the diesel everyday.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
03-10-2011 05:36am
Evoque U

Si4 all the way for me, have driven the SD4 and think it is a great engine, still waiting to drive the Si4.

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
03-10-2011 06:01am