Poll: If your only engine choice was Si4 would you still have bought an Evoque?
Absolutely!
Not a chance!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
If the SI4 was your only choice ........
Evoqess

If the SI4 was your only choice ........

Yes, if the Si4 was your only choice, would you still have purchased an Evoque? This is the only engine on offer in Nth America - although it's what I prefer its still nice to have options in life Wink

PS- in honor of my 100th post I thought I would try a poll for a change Smile

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2011 04:23am by Evoqess.)
02-10-2011 04:20am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

RE: If the SI4 was your only choice ........

Congratulations on your poll and 100th post.
I always wanted a Prestige for the luxury but in the U.K. it does not come with the Si4 engine. I therefore went for SD4 which I think will be fine.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
02-10-2011 08:07am
berlin2011

Yip, had the choice (in fact broader than UK on this one) so specced a Prestige with the Si4 engine and AD for good measure Smile

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
02-10-2011 08:18am
simonc

Well I had a choice of the diesel engines and still went for the Si4, so yes! Smile

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
02-10-2011 08:18am
Alex

I initially wished I had gone for the Si4 instead of the SD4 on my Dynamic order, but on the flip side recently there have been some positive comments on this forum about the SD4’s performance so I’m still satisfied with my choice. However if there was no choice then yes Si4 would not have swayed my decision.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
02-10-2011 09:16am
mark_n

It is still completely bizarre that LR have chosen not to make the Si4 available in the Prestige in the UK.

It will be interesting to compare the actual mpg the Si4 achieves in real use compared to the SD4 reports, factor in the slightly higher cost of fuel for the SD4 and so come up with how much extra he Si4 will cost compared to the SD4 for a "standard" 12k miles a year.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
02-10-2011 09:29am
DynamicRRV

Si4 yes!
02-10-2011 09:38am
brakedwell

I'm hanging on for a Si4 manual Prestige and perhaps a decent discount. if LR don't produce an Evoque with that spec in the future I will buy from a different brand.

Will order a 2i4 Manual Prestige when it becomes available, hopefully with 300bhp.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2011 07:10pm by brakedwell.)
02-10-2011 12:51pm
ytshome

(02-10-2011 08:07am)griff Wrote:  Congratulations on your poll and 100th post.
I always wanted a Prestige for the luxury but in the U.K. it does not come with the Si4 engine. I therefore went for SD4 which I think will be fine.

It is Griff. I've always rated speed but driving the Evoque with the SD4 is a different experience altogether. It's no rocket ship mind you but it pulls up it's skirts nicely and seems to gain speed very easily. Before getting it I was seriously thinking about chipping (subject to warranty and Insurance considerations) but there isn't any need to. You drive it differently......you waft it along, rather than kane it. YT

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
02-10-2011 06:35pm
J77

Sorry but it is diesel all the way for me. Had diesels for years, so if evoque was only petrol then I would stick with the freelander.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
02-10-2011 06:42pm