Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If I change car, I get hit with price rise!
Craig_d1

Hi everyone, I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this.
I have a dynamic SD4 auto on order, with the order placed before the price rise was introduced, and as such my price was protected from the price increase.
At the time I placed the order I said I wasn't too sure how my finances would be and I may change the order to a well specked pure, as it would save several thousand pounds.
Last weekend I went to the dealer to enquire about changing spec, but was told that although my dynamic is price protected, if I wanted to change it to a Pure, I would have to pay the new higher price, even though the original order was placed prior to the price rise.
I find this a bit rich, seeing as my order is still in the holding pool at the dealerships and isn't with the factory yet, so their excuse of the order being locked in the computer system a bit thin. I seem to be penalised for having 1order. If I had placed 2 orders, one for a pure and one for a dynamic I would then be able to choose which to go for, now I take the more expensive car, or go for the cheaper car at the higher price( so negating some of the reason for going for the pure).
Has anyone else had a similar experience?
19-09-2012 11:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

RE: If I change car, I get hit with price rise!

Sounds fair enough to me to be honest.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
19-09-2012 11:13pm
jitenc

How much is the price difference?

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
20-09-2012 05:22am
DaveR

Re: If I change car, I get hit with price rise!

I got my order in before the rise but to be fair that was my understanding of what would have happened had I changed my order afterwards.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
20-09-2012 07:28am
PhilSkill

The dealers not in the wrong, if they enter a Pure on their system now it will come up with the new price, although good will goes a long way and I doubt the rise is much and they could swallow it on their profit margin, but they're probably thinking they are losing out on profit already by you dropping to the cost of a pure and have someone waiting in the wings for a Dynamic anyway.

Sell the dog, starve the cat, put the kids in the workhouse, and stick with the Dynamic! It's great.... Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
20-09-2012 07:32am
Craig_d1

Hi, thanks for the replies. I just wanted to check that it wasn't just me. I think the price rise for the Pure is £800 to £900....to tell the truth I can't remember the price it was originally at. I just remember on the configurator speccing a pure up with Tech and style pack, adding metallic paint with contrast, heated steering wheel, electric boot, keyless, panoramic roof and xenons was just over £38k, and now it's just over £39k.
I'm just a tad annoyed as when I placed the order I told him I may have to change to Pure and he said that was fine, he never mentioned I'd have to pay the new price.
Dropping from the dynamic to thwe pure is a cost saving exercise, so saving £7k is better than £6k(still a big saving but still not the same).
Anyway, nothing I can. If that's the way it is, I just have to deal with it and make a decisionSmile
20-09-2012 09:27am
Evo-king

I don't usually defend dealers, but to be fair to him, when you placed your original order, a price increase probably wasn't considered.

The Pure that you are considering is still a damned good car, don't beat yourself up about it.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
20-09-2012 10:37am
Daigriff

39k for a Pure

Residuals will be hit unless you plan keeping the car a long time...imho

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
20-09-2012 05:37pm
ceebee

Have to agree with Diagriff, you would be better of when it comes to resale if you bought a lower spec Dynamic rather Than a loaded Pure as you won't get your money back for the toys.

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
20-09-2012 10:10pm
Craig_d1

True, but I'll probably be keeping the car for at least 5 yrs+, so residuals become less of a factor. The problem is I like my toys(spoilt with the D4 HSE), so I like keyless entry, panoramic sunroof, electric tailgate, privacy, heated steering wheel and spare wheel in the back. Just priced it up with contrast roof and it comes to £43,400.
At the mo I've got a OG dynamic with black contrast roof on order with lux, heated steering wheel and spare on order for £45k, so for the difference I might as well stick with that rather than get a lesser dynamic for a diff of £1,600 (esp as if you're keeping a car for a long time, I've learnt to get everything I want, as if you don't , it just plays on my mind).
Not with the pure at £39k, the saving of £6k is a bit more significant, but for the saving I can still get a very well kitted out car, with lots of toys that'll keep me happy. i'll admit I'll prob miss the dynamic looks, AD and upgraded stereo but Griff's tinkering with his pure adding black grill etc looks stunning IMHO
I think I'm rambling.....
20-09-2012 10:52pm